Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2017 01:00

OEM Motherboard replacements for XPS M1330

I have two Dell XPS M1330's that I bought for my wife to use.  First was an 2008 model, the other a 2010.  Within the past 4-8 months, both quite working.  The older has the vertical line video issue on the screen.  The newer one stopped turning on or charging the battery when plugged in to the AC adapter.  It does, however turn on when using a charged battery.  The AC adapter is functioning as it should.  I've decided to replace the motherboards on both units and am trying to positively ID the motherboards.  Looking up the units configurations (by service tag #) does not give any information about the motherboards that are installed in the units.  I believe both laptops have motherboards with Intel graphics, but am not positive.  I don't want the MB's with nVidia graphics, and would like to get replacement MB's that will allow me the opportunity to update to the newest CPU and OS possible.  Both currently have Windows 7 HP SPI installed and have Core 2 Duo Processors.  I would certainly appreciate any help ID'ing the laptops current OEM MB's and knowing which replacements I should get. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 13th, 2017 04:00

There will be a string of alphanumerics on the board starting with DP/N that you can use to identify the board's part number.  That said, all of these fall into one of two categories - Intel GPU or nVIdia and within each, all boards have identical CPU and OS support.  If you change from nVidia to Intel or vice-versa, the heatsink must be changed.

The Intel board is this one

www.parts-people.com/index.php

No Events found!