Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

YN

June 29th, 2017 15:00

Odd Smell from newly bought Dell 7559

Hello! Its my first day with Dell 7559 (core i7, 1080p). However, I can smell a burning like smell when sniffing from close. Everything else seems to be working fine. CPU temperature is around 43C-50C with 7-8 chrome tabs opened. I am far away from US, should I be worried about this smell or it is expected to go away on its own? 

July 2nd, 2017 08:00

Hi Yahya,

Any smoke noticed?

Don't use the system, turn it off and take it to the local shop to inquire or if you are comfortable try opening the system and check. Refer the manuals http://dell.to/29fOv6g.

Let me know if you have any queries.

July 7th, 2017 17:00

No, smoke is not there. The smell is reduced now.

However the system gets much hot while doing common task (Opening Photoshop CC using internal  graphics makes it warm after 5-10 minutes). Keyboard gets uncomfortable to use under minor stressful work (Its sad because my previous core-i3 could do all these without showing a hint of warming up). I watched the temperature using HWInfo64 and the CPU core temperature maxed out at 92C. I stopped Intel boost but setting processors usage's max limit to 97% (using power plan) and the temperatures are dropped to ~80C, yet it still stays warm under slightly stressful work and the average idle temperature stays around 45C.

July 7th, 2017 17:00

and now all of a sudden audio has stopped working. Updated drivers, no use.Audio seems to be working fine with Bluetooth headphones.

July 8th, 2017 07:00

Audio's working fine now, heating issue is still there.

No Events found!