Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2017 10:00

Ongoing problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop Model 15-5548

In early September 2016, I received my new Dell Laptop.  The computer has not worked properly for more than a couple of hous since I received it.  In an attempt to resolve the operating problems a Dell technician worked on it at least six times, by remote operation; rsetting the Windows 10 operating system.  Ialso reset the system four times on my own.  The computer would seem to be functioning properly for an hour or two, then the original problems would occurr again.  The Search function in the Start Menu does not operate.  The Edge program will not open; no programs appear in the Start Menu.  When I click on the email icon in the taskbar,  I only get a quick flash, and nothing else happens, so no email.  The Cortina function does not operate. When I attempt to open a picture from my file, I gat a error window message that reads "Invalid value for registry.  Has anyone else had this type of problem with a Dell computer?

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 10:00

In addition to the description of my laptop problem in my previous posting.  I also sent the computer back to Dell in Texas,  and they returned it with a message sheet stating that they did an operating system reinstall.  As with previous six operating system resets by a technician by remote operation, and four by me in person, the laptop seemed to operate properly for a couple of hours, then the original problems occurred again.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2017 12:00

I have seen folks have those types of problems with Win 10 in general.  If it works for a while and then it doesn't, there Isa possibility an update is involved.  Might be a Windows update or some driver.

What version of Win 10 are you running?   Type winver in a command prompt window.

No Events found!