Highlighted
ScottSpielman
1 Copper

Operating System not found error

Jump to solution

Hello, I wonder if you could help me

My dell inspiron 1564 running windows 7 that yesterday came up with an operating system not found error.

I have tried all the suggestions found through google searches and forums and nothing has worked. (system repair, restore, diagnostics through dos, etc.)

I have the reinstallation DVD and the other driver and utilities cd, but neither have proven helpful. When I try to reload, the windows seven option isn't available. When I try to reinstall, it says I don't have a hard drive. When I try to reinstall the driver to access the hard drive, it says it is not on the CD.

Does anyone know any options?

I'd appreciate the help

-Scott

0 Kudos
5 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Operating System not found error

Jump to solution

F2 at powerup - does the BIOS see the hard drive?

0 Kudos
ScottSpielman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am not sure how to tell that.  Would that be HDD? If so, it says none

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

Unplug the system, remove the battery and remove and reinstall the hard drive.  If it is then still not found, the drive is toast -- you'll need a new, 2.5" 7- or 9.5 mm SATA notebook drive.

if you can get the drive detected, press F12 at powerup and run a full diagnostic on it.

0 Kudos
ScottSpielman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I appreciate the help on this.  I had taken it in about a month ago and it turns out those <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> didn't screw the harddrive back in....

0 Kudos
Juan Francisco
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My laptop is alive again. The "Operative System not found" was solved. Incredibly the hard drive was slightly loose. I tighten it.

What I also did and it worked, was to remove the battery, and the AC cable, then I pressed the on/off button for about twenty times and when I placed the battery again it started normally.

I don't know if it was the first or the second option what really worked but the thing is that my Dell laptop is working fine again.

0 Kudos