Highlighted
gschulke
1 Copper

Optiarc DVDRWBD BC-5600S won't read Blue-Ray disks

I have a studio 1535 running Vista Ultimate 32-bit, SP2.  Everything worked fine on this machine until the original harddrive decided that it didn't want to live anymore.  I replaced the drive with a new WD 300 GB drive, and used the Dell disks to reload the OS, drivers, etc.  I didn't go through all the pain of reloading Dell Media Direct since I wasn't going out of town in the near future and that's when I mainly use the Blue-ray player.  Three weeks ago, Vista decidied that the drivers for the DVD drive were corrupt and wouldn't load them.  After deleted in the upper and lower filter values in the registry, it came back.  In this process, i also used the Microsoft Fix-it tool and updated the drivers for the drive to 10AB.  Since a Christmas vacation was upcoming, I decided to load the Media Direct software so I could play BD on the trip.  After all the Media Direct updates, the computer still doesn't recognize BD disks.  It will load and play normal DVDs and any other installation disks.  However, BD disks just show up as unreadable media.  Media Direct doesn't recognize them, Roxio 10 doesn't recognize them.... I don't know of any other drivers or software that was in the original configuration that I haven't already loaded.

Any help on how to get this drive working again is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ieee488
5 Rhenium

Re: Optiarc DVDRWBD BC-5600S won't read Blue-Ray disks

PowerDVD ?

0 Kudos
gschulke
1 Copper

Nope, doesn't work either.  It makes me think there is a driver missing somewhere, but I don't know where.

0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Rhenium

the only thing I can think of is that you didn't reinstall the drivers in the correct order  http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=DSN_1A...

0 Kudos