Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

T

1 Message

January 29th, 2004 10:00

Original GeForce Fx Go 5200 Drivers

Hi all

i recently had to reinstall windows XP on my Inspiron 5150 laptop, all was smooth and well until i tried to play unreal tournament 2003. I went from being able to play it full speed with all the graphics options turned up to playing it jerky with all the options as low as possible!!

So i tried to install the original drivers off the Dell CD, but unfortunatley they arent there, a problem that i know a few peolpe have had from reading these forums. I have also tried those modded INF files with the detonator drivers but those did not improve things. Oh and i tried the ones off the Dell download pages but they didnt help either.

So basically im wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and what they have done about it? Is there a way to get hold of the original drivers that came with my system??

Many thanks for any help

Andrew

5 Posts

February 5th, 2004 00:00

Hey,

I'm glad to see I'm not alone here. I used to be able to play Command and Conquer Generals with no problem and now for some reason every game (even 5-6 year old ones with marginal graphics demands) seem to slow down for no reason - even with graphics levels at absolute lowest levels. I don't know exactly when or why it happened, but even the latest modded Nvidia drivers do not help. Using SpeedSwitch improved the problem, but it is still there and there is no reason why. I can play Generals on my desktop (1.9 GHz P4 with 256 MB RAM and an ATI Radeon 7500) with no trouble at all - and this laptop is faster in every respect. If anyone out there knows a solution for this, please post it here.

Joe

6 Posts

February 5th, 2004 01:00

hey, i have the same problem too. I reformatted and now I can't even play counter-strike without it being choppy, which is ridiculous since the game is so old and ive got the 64mb fx52000 and 3.06ghz processor, and that INF thingy didnt work for me either...blah

• 

25.1K Posts

June 17th, 2020 13:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

No Events found!