drosophila82
1 Copper

PDI send to panel

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a mobile precision workstation 7710.

A feature on this machine is something that appears in the taskbar as "PDI send to panel". I'm not sure what the utility software is called and how it is controlled.

The "PDI send to panel" software displays a blue drag target for windows to  allow quicker docking in interesting layouts, (please check the link below for an example). however it is occasionally in the way and it gets quite annoying. Does anyone know who makes this software or how to enable/disable it ?

Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/Nu17k8o.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
drosophila82
1 Copper

RE: PDI send to panel

Jump to solution

Found the culprit myself. 

Even after spending 3 hours with a dell representative and remoting into my laptop they couldn't figure out how to turn off this feature. 

This is actually a feature in the Dell PrimerColor software. It is called a Display Splitter and it can be turned off from within the PrimeColor panel. 

The way I found this is by opening task manager then taking an open window and moving it around. Whichever software has CPU usage is the one responsible and so it was Dell PrimeColor. 

This was the most annoying bloatware I had to deal with. 

I hope this will help other victims too. 

Thanks. 

2 Replies
drosophila82
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Found the culprit myself. 

Even after spending 3 hours with a dell representative and remoting into my laptop they couldn't figure out how to turn off this feature. 

This is actually a feature in the Dell PrimerColor software. It is called a Display Splitter and it can be turned off from within the PrimeColor panel. 

The way I found this is by opening task manager then taking an open window and moving it around. Whichever software has CPU usage is the one responsible and so it was Dell PrimeColor. 

This was the most annoying bloatware I had to deal with. 

I hope this will help other victims too. 

Thanks. 

Ron Holan
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I tried to locate it on the windows menu, but it is not possible. Do as is written above:

- open task manager

- move a window around to see Dell PremierColor

- Right click and choose open location

- double click the icon

- if it is the first time it is opened, you probably have to set a profile and name.

- After finishing the first time setup, choose Display Splitter on the left side meny

- Locate the super nice check box at the top and turn the *** thing off! =P

I too tried to get some help from Dell ProSupport Plus without luck. We both thought it was some Windows bloatware. I will send them an email with this. 🙂

Thank you for the answer! 😄