Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

October 22nd, 2017 10:00

PLEASE HELP! My dell inspiron 15 5000 won't open, it just shows 4 white blinks and 2 red blinks.

Please help me, Whenever i press the ON button, the battery  indicator light just blinks in a sequence of 4 white blinks and after that is 2 red blinks then repeat. I brought my laptop to the store i bought it from, they did not open it they just examined it and did the ram reset (don't know if that's correct) and they told me that it's possible that my laptop has a mother board problem or that the lcd is broken. I don't really use my laptop eexcessively which made me nervous. Any suggestion for what to do is very much appreciated. Thank you

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 22nd, 2017 14:00

If you are comfortable in opening the computer, I suggest you reseat Memory to see if it will make any difference. Please enter your service tag number onto the link below for the system manual.

Manuals | Dell US

If you aren't comfortable in opening the computer and the system is within warranty, I suggest you create a support request in the link bellows:

How to Create a Support Request Online? | Dell US

If the system is out of warranty:

Fix Your PC or Tablet | Dell United States 

6 Posts

Yes i think i could do that, but how?

And if ever i do reset the memory. Will my data be lost?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

Four white and two Amber (red) blinking lights usually mean Memory / Ram failure. The store open the computer cover and removed / troubleshoot Memory in your eye view? Or the store is giving you a opinion or speculate the computer problem? By the way, please list exact Dell model number and version of windows. Example; Dell Inspiron 15 5547, windows 10

6 Posts

Hi thank you for the reply. My model is dell inspiron 15 5567, Windows 10 (with the latest update)

The store did the 30 second press on the on button w/o the battery and the cord plugged, then after that they placed the battery and plugged the charging cord back in. But my laptop won't open, so they made a guess that it is possible that the mother board is the problem or that the lcd is broken and needs new replacement.

6 Posts

October 22nd, 2017 15:00

I see, thanks for this. If ever i do reset my memory, will all my data be lost?

6 Posts

October 22nd, 2017 15:00

Hi thank you for the reply. My model is dell inspiron 15 5567, Windows 10 (with the latest update)

The store did the 30 second press on the on button w/o the battery and the cord plugged, then after that they placed the battery and plugged the charging cord back in. But my laptop won't open, so they made a guess that it is possible that the mother board is the problem or that the lcd is broken and needs new replacement.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 22nd, 2017 17:00

Reseat memory as in removing the memory module from the memory-module slot and then replacing it back into the memory slot. Please read Inspiron 15-5567 Service Manual thoroughly before opening the computer and removing memory. By the way, you won't lose any data.

Support for Inspiron 15 5567 | Manuals & documents | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 22nd, 2017 18:00

Please click on Computer Fail To Start Or There Is No Video in link below, see image below):

Dell Inspiron 15 (5567) Usage and Troubleshooting Guide ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 22nd, 2017 18:00

After you click on Computer Fail To Start Or There Is No Video , stroll down a little and you should see the blinking light pattern. Just making sure, you're seeing the correct blinking light pattern.

6 Posts

October 23rd, 2017 14:00

Hello good mam/sir, i was able to open my laptop and do what you told me to. I removed the rams and placed them back again, after this my laptop opened up again. Thank you really for helping me with my problem. You were a really big help

I was just wondering, do i need to buy new rams? if ever i encounter the problem again.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 24th, 2017 07:00

Glad to know the computer is up and running again.  I suggest you run a memory and memory stress tests in the link below to check if the memory is in good working order.

Support for Inspiron 15 5567 | Diagnostics | Dell US

If you continue to have problems with memory or want to upgrade it, select Memory Upgrade in the link below.

Support for Inspiron 15 5567 | Parts & accessories | Dell US

No Events found!