Highlighted
boed
1 Nickel

PLEASE -What is the part number for the Sata cable in the Dell XPS 15 skylake?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just purchased the 9550 with the 250GB M.2.   It came with the small battery and the cage for the standard 2.5" drive.   It didn't come with a cable for it.   I can find the part number for the old model SATA cable but don't know if it with have the right connector or length.   If anyone purchased the new skylake model and has already taken apart your model to replace the spindle drive, please let me know the cable part number.   I'd like to order one but Dell support didn't know the part number.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
boed
1 Nickel

RE: PLEASE -What is the part number for the Sata cable in the Dell XPS 15 skylake?

Jump to solution

The part is xdygx

0 Kudos
4 Replies
boed
1 Nickel

RE: What is the part number for the Sata cable in the Intel XPS 15 skylake?

Jump to solution

Strange how elusive this part is.

0 Kudos
boed
1 Nickel

RE: PLEASE -What is the part number for the Sata cable in the Dell XPS 15 skylake?

Jump to solution

Why is this such a secret?

0 Kudos
boed
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

The part is xdygx

0 Kudos
wmarsh
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thnaks guys! I bought an identical laptop for my wife with the intention of putting her old drive as a data drive in the empty bay. The cable from my xps 15 9530 fit, but none of the numbers on the cable proved to be a part number.

0 Kudos