Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2016 21:00

Parts Support

My employer has provided me with a Rugged 14 Latitude.

I want extra drive capacity utilizing the MSATA slot and ordered them accordingly. Additionally I wanted to swap the hard drive so I can run a different OS. I originally spent 4 hours on hold and my home phone battery died waiting. I used my cell phone calling different Dell support numbers only to get transferred to another number and another person to talk to. I  have spent at least 10 hours talking to representatives, getting transferred and when my order was placed for parts they were arbitrarily cancelled! Dell is a very dysfunctional  company who cannot support their own products that are advertised as current products. This  message is being sent  on  the  laptop that I  am asking for parts/support for. I am extremely angry!!!!!!!!!

This  company needs to do better!!!!!!!

DEREK 

• 

351 Posts

January 8th, 2016 03:00

Hey Derek5885,

PM me with all the details of what you need along with your:

1. Service Tag of the Latitude14

2. Order number of cancelled order

and I'll get this sorted out for you

Thanks

5 Posts

January 8th, 2016 10:00

The parts I need are on order but there is no inventory. They are 575-BBGO AND 575-BBGP. Thank you for the offer Colin. I can give you more details but I do not have your email address and I do not believe the forum is the place for exchanging data. I have been dealing with a great Dell Canada rep and these items have been re-ordered. What I cannot understand is if the 14 Rugged is current how would Dell supply an entire laptop if I ordered one today. I was even contemplating buying the entire drive with the caddy if they were available. In other forums there are people equally frustrated trying to buy these items.

5 Posts

April 25th, 2016 20:00

Ok now Dell will not order the 575-BBGO. They state it is not available. Could you look to see if they are available anywhere in the world. This is a production laptop and I cannot fathom why they are not available. There were other posts where the user ordered just the connector. I would really like some help on this.

No Events found!