Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 5th, 2012 04:00

Pendrive not detected by USB port 3.0

Hi.

I just bought an Inspiron 14z and it came with two USB ports only, both are USB port 3.0, one with PowerShare. My problem is, my pendrive, a SanDisk 8GB, cannot be detected by the laptop. When I plugged it in, there was no sound of detection. But I can use my external HD, a WD Passport that use USB 3.0. Does it mean that my laptop can only use a USB 3.0? How am I suppose to use my pendrives and other devices that use a normal USB?

Thanks in advance

4.4K Posts

July 5th, 2012 06:00

Hi ryuu12,

USB 3.0 port with PowerShare feature allows you to charge USB devices when the computer is powered off or is in sleep state.  icon indicates that the USB connector supports PowerShare feature.The normal USB 3.0 port does not have this feature.

For more information on different types of USB ports refer to this link below :

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

4.4K Posts

Hi ryuu12,

Welcome to the Community,

Ideally any device which works on USB 2.0 port should work on the USB 3.0 port.Use a different pen drive or any other USB device and see if that works on the system.

Thank You

10 Posts

Hi Roshan.

Thank you. It works. I got another question though. What's the different between USB 3.0 w/ PowerShare and the one without? The pendrive worked on USB 3.0 not the one with Powershare.

Thanks

No Events found!