8 Krypton

RE: Please fix the XPS 13 (2015) 9343 touchpad / trackpad

Same here 😞

New XPS 13 from Dell Spain.

The imput delay, mostly scrolling, is really unconfortable. If this is not a hardware problem, it seems that is working perfectly in Ubuntu, Dell should release some kind of update or help to microsoft to solve the problem.

That would require that Dell care about their customers after they have made a sale and also acutally acknowledge that there is a problem.  This is the last Dell product I ever buy.

0 Kudos
safsafsaf
1 Copper

Just had my touchpad replaced and still have some issues. Input lag (not registering small movements) and jumpy cursor when clicking.

0 Kudos
DanielCrk
6 Indium

Wow, I can't believe they are physically replacing touchpads in order to try to fix this issue. This then must mean that there are departments at Dell that have no idea about this driver issues.

And if this issue isn't even well known internally at Dell, them I'm guessing we're really screwed.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Wow, I can't believe they are physically replacing touchpads in order to try to fix this issue. This then must mean that there are departments at Dell that have no idea about this driver issues.

And if this issue isn't even well known internally at Dell, them I'm guessing we're really screwed.

Well, it appears that people are posting here, rather than carpet bombing Dell with escalations regarding this problem.  I have been making a huge stink with Dell, but they are going to need a lot more before they do anything.

0 Kudos
rushbikes
6 Indium

The Dell service manager I spoke with is insisting that I try a new XPS 13 before escalating the matter. They did admit that it's not the first time they've heard these issues, but said they are few compared to the number of customers satisfied with the touchpad. That may be. Either way, I don't have particular high hopes swapping out computers will be a magic bullet.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

The Precision drivers are located in Win 8.1. No add-on driver will work. Unfortunately, MS has decided to NOT include a full featured driver initially; what you see is what you get, and you can not get more. MS will add more features as it gets more experience. Feel like a *** pig yet!!!!?

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
tuxcapacitor
1 Copper

That's interesting because I bought the Developer Edition XPS 13 2015, received it very recently , and have several major issues with the touchpad. It ships with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  It doesn't seem to lag but it will randomly stop while my finger is still moving , then jump the cursor. This happens very regularly, and hardly goes 2 minutes without happening.  As this is my first Developer Edition, I'm unsure of how well, if at all, Dell will support it , and if upgrading to 15.04 would void any support that I might have gotten otherwise.

TinyTempo
1 Copper

I am having the same issue with the input lag, running Windows 8.1 and latest Dell firmware drivers. When I move my finger slowly, it takes about 4 milimeters until the movement is recognized and the cursor starts moving. This also applies to two-finger scrolling.

Speaking of two-finger scrolling, why is this so iinconsistent? In the browser (Chrome) it scrolls nice (except the lag, of course), but in other apps (i.e. Outlook, latest version, Visual Studio 2013, Skype etc.) it's either very slow or unresponsive, no matter which settings I use in the Windows Touchpad settings page.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Really? I am using it very smoothly, I think your diver may get some errors

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Guys, go here immediately.  This worked for me.

forum.notebookreview.com/.../page-2

0 Kudos