namja
2 Bronze

RE: Please fix the XPS 13 (2015) 9343 touchpad / trackpad

Yes. If that doesn't work, then you're out of luck.

For me, with that OFF, the touchpad responds if my skin barely touches it. It seems like it starts to move just BEFORE I make contact with the touchpad. It's that sensitive. So I put it on SHORT DELAY, and this issue was resolved for me.

Of course, I still have the other 2 major issues of the cursor moving when lifting the finger and the choppy scrolling.

I'm going to request a return. CANNOT STAND THIS TOUCHPAD.

TheDudeJ
2 Bronze

I am having the same issues with my new XPS13 and am considering a return since it's so frustrating to use.  Currently on day #9, so I have a couple weeks.

Does Dell ever respond to these forum issues, or is there anything you can do to see if they can make the touchpad easier to use?

mhathawa
2 Bronze

I bought the Microsoft Store edition XPS 13 (2015) QHD, and unfortunately cannot live with this horrible trackpad.  I was hoping I'd be able to ditch my 2012 MacBook Air 11" and come back to Windows, but the trackpad and battery life issues (constant noisy fan) are ridiculous for a computer this expensive.   The trackpad is inconsistent and jumpy.  It scrolls at completely different speeds depending on which browser you're using.  I've tried all the suggested setting changes in the "Change PC Settings" area and in the "Control Panel".  The only solution is for Dell to release drivers that fix this issue.  I only have 3 days left to make up my mind before my 30 day window, so I'm guessing this is a futile plea for help.  Oh well. 

0 Kudos
tylerdellm
2 Bronze

+1

its generally very jumpy no matter what settings ive tried, and worse yet, the buttons often dont click in the OS even though the button itself goes "click".. the right button sometimes left clicks.. 

i would say its the worst track pad i have ever used. I installed Win 7 Enterprise and the issues got even worse

Dell, PLEASE fix this BUG

0 Kudos
alec beesson
2 Bronze

recived mine on feb 22,  i have the same problems lifting finger of touch pad, cursor will jump, also if left click with my left thumb, it will jump a about 1/4 of a full screen.   I gave it 30 days of updating all my software.  I finally gave up, am returning the unit back to the microsoft store.

P.S.  as US customer paying in us dollars,  I had to spend 2 hrs on the phone with 5 indian from dells support with NO help.  VERY said.    Only seem to get US support when you buy from ACER an china brand.

tylerdellm
2 Bronze

update!

dell released a new firmware for the touchpad on mar 20 which seems to have resolved the issues -- no more input lag, jumpiness or random/missed clicks (at least so far)

its available on the drivers page under win 8.1/firmware

i flashed it while in win 8, then after installing win 7 fresh everything is working

thanks dell.. glad to see this addressed so quickly

0 Kudos
agrodzki
2 Bronze

Wow! What a change! The touchpad works like a charm now!

Thanks mate for letting know. It did not appear in the Dell Update. I had to download the firmware update manually from the website.

0 Kudos
dan530
2 Bronze

This firmware update appears to have fixed my initial pointer jumping problems. Appreciated!

Unfortunately the following issues still exist:

• two finger scrolling does not consistently work on the sides of the touchpad. It only works well in the middle.
  • No gesture support or general touchpad settings! Sure you can zoom in IE, but I expect full 4 finger, fully customizable, gesture support on a high end laptop in 2015.

It is no longer "borderline unusable", but is still disappointing compared to more configurable options from many other manufacturers.

0 Kudos
davs2rt
2 Bronze

Download XPS 13 Early 2015 9343  touch pad driver here:

[http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=T792T]

0 Kudos
monfa.red
2 Bronze

I installed the new update and didn't notice any difference

Still have issues with two finger scrolling on Google chrome, it jumps too quickly unless you scroll very slowly

0 Kudos