Richhy
2 Bronze

RE: Please fix the XPS 13 (2015) 9343 touchpad / trackpad

Thanks for posting this. 

Installed the firmware. I'd say it's a slight improvement, but not fixed. 

This firmware seems to only address the cursor jumping when you lift your finger. 

Two-finger scrolling is still the same as before. 

The BIGGEST annoyance I have with this touchpad is still not fixed. It's the initial lag you experience when you make a small slow movement. To demonstrate: Place your cursor on a letter in a word. Now try to move your cursor to the letter beside it, do this slowly and precisely. You should be able to notice that the cursor doesn't move right away, then your cursor will most likely jump past the letter you're trying to target. You can drag your finger several millimeters before the cursor responds. I do a lot of programming on my laptop while commuting. It's a huge annoyance when you're trying to select specific characters or press small buttons on this small high resolution screen. 

The Dell drivers page says "Initial release" on this firmware update. So I have faith that there will be another fix coming soon. 

chris_192823749
2 Bronze

I have the same issues (main one annoying me was mouse moving when lifting finger off pad). The firmware update (published 20th March) made the problem a little bit better, but these issues are still far from fixed. I shall be returning my machine. Not good enough for the price.

monfa.red
2 Bronze

Yes, yet the palm rejection doesn't seem to work at all

Does Dell even care??

0 Kudos
GG430
2 Bronze

Will the firmware upgrade for the touchpad be made available for windows 7 x64 too?

The posted one obviously crashes in win 7. The touchpad is still a pain.

0 Kudos
oRAirwolf
3 Argentum

The firmware upgrade helped, but I still can't even use 3 finger swipes in windows 8 for web page navigation.  Why is this not a thing?

0 Kudos
monfa.red
2 Bronze

I figured out how to fix all the Trackpad's issues!

1_Go to control panel then device manager and disable the pointing device (to have a working palm rejection!).

2_Go buy a Logitech MX anywhere mouse and never come back here again since Dell doesn't bother giving us a short reply let alone fixing the issue.

You are welcome!

HESIV
2 Bronze

Dell please give us trackpad settings.  If I cannot reverse the scroll and make other settings adjustments my new xps 13  is being returned.

I only have two weeks left so do something soon.  Back to running windows on the new MacBook. 

0 Kudos
Yatesca
2 Bronze

New firmware released April 10. Continued improvement over the still suspect March 20th BIOS package update. Chrome is more responsive but still not where it needs to be.

Thank you for the effort, but please keep working on it, Dell. 

Dell Touchpad DriverView details
oRAirwolf
3 Argentum

This firmware is listed as being for the XPS 13 2012 edition.

0 Kudos
jshwartz
2 Bronze

I'd just like to add my voice on this one, I bought an XPS 13 last week, and besides the trackpad I love the computer. But my god I can't even adjust the trackpad scrolling speed. Compared to a MacBook the trackpad is disappointing, I hope dell makes a serious update.

0 Kudos