SheldonC0
1 Copper

RE: Please fix the XPS 13 (2015) 9343 touchpad / trackpad

Agree.

Totally unusable for me.

It totally makes this laptop useless.  It is pointless to carry around an external mouse with such a compact machine.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Agree.

Totally unusable for me.

It totally makes this laptop useless.  It is pointless to carry around an external mouse with such a compact machine.

Install Windows 10 update 1511 and your problems will be solved.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Install Windows 10 update 1511 and your problems will be solved.

update 1511 doesn't solve the problem of cursor movement when you lift your finger
I can confirm, it's totally unusable.
Use a mouse.
0 Kudos
boissona55
6 Indium

While I admit the track-pad's behavior has improved tremendously of late (my beef concerned mainly the instability issue here the cursor would become erratic if not totally inoperable after just a few hours of use), I still occasionally need to reboot the machine. This leads me to believe the touch-pad is still not 100% but it is certainly much more enjoyable then before.

Concerning 1511, it did take me a long time to upgrade successfully. Manual reboots didn't manage to finish the job completely and I had to use the "Planned reboot" instead. It might be that certain people who still are having problems after the update just didn't complete it thoroughly. They should check System Info to be sure.

0 Kudos
Starflex78
6 Indium

I am still keen to find out if anyone was able to extract the TP drivers from Windows 10, last release (let's call them, the "working ones" ) so that I can happily install Win7 and (hopefully) having both Win 7 with the working drivers.

I am not a big fan of Win10, to be honest....

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

You cannot extract the Precision Drivers from Win 10. The drivers are now part of the operating system. Microsoft has built this driver using some of the code used for driving a touch screen, so all the coding is unified. 

I think Microsoft has now taken the Android tact on the OS, forcing the OEM to use hardware that is compatible with Windows, not the other way around. You don't see Android requiring any specific drivers for anything except for printers. Many will probably think this is not right, but from a business sense, it is probably a smart move. This is not unlike Apple also, as they control both the hardware and software.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
Beaker55
1 Copper

I've used Dell Inspirons forever. Got my wife a 13 with Precision Touchpad about a year ago. The touchpad seemed to function satisfactorily. Bought a new 15 Inspiron 4 months ago for my work computer... this "precision" touchpad coupled with Windows 10 is beyond hope. I've tried every possivle adjustment, have tried Touchpad Blocker and other fixes, but nothing helps.  It's the most annoying computer I've ever used and I will never ever buy another Dell product or Microsoft product again. After so many years of wrestling with PC's every time there's a new "upgrade", I'm done.  Whoever designed this precision touchpad device/driver/whatever at Dell or MS should be tarred and feathered. Someone must have laid awake at night trying to come up with a new definition of precision.  It's Orwellian newspeak. Good riddance to PC's.

0 Kudos
Beaker55
1 Copper

Goodbye Dell/PC.... Hello Mac!

0 Kudos