Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 11th, 2016 15:00

Please help. Dell inspiron 5559 HID-complaint touch screen is not working.

Dell inspiron 5559 HID-complaint touch screen is not working. I have to keep it disabled because all of a sudden it starts to sense different touches uncontrollably. Sometimes it works just fine for a day, but it keeps happening. I have restored the laptop to factory settings, but it did not work.  I have checked for drivers updates, but they are none.  Please help me with this. Thank you in advance. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 12th, 2016 20:00

:emotion-2:

How Do I Calibrate My Touchscreen

www.dell.com/.../EN

13 Posts

August 11th, 2016 22:00

You can try recalibrating it in the settings.  

August 12th, 2016 19:00

Thank you for replying. Would you be so kind as to explain to me how it can be done. I can just find options for the touch-pad. But nothing for the touch screen in settings. 

13 Posts

August 12th, 2016 20:00

Assuming you are using Windows 10, just start typing "calibrate" down in that Windows 10 search at the bottom left corner of the screen. Yes, it's that simple.

August 13th, 2016 09:00

Thank you for replying, during the Touchscreen Calibration process the screen senses other touches (which was the issue in the first place). Additionally, now the touchpad is not very responsive sometimes. Would it be advisable to reset to factory settings again?

The issue does not always occur what leads me to believe that it is a drivers error or something like that. Before writing this, it happened, but it stopped. Right now everything is working properly, but it could happen again just like many other times. Sometimes it happens when I plug in a mouse.

I have taken and passed this test (from http://www.dell.com/support): 

Hardware
Touchscreen
Hardware Type
Diagnostic Name
Result
Touchscreen
Touch Screen Calibration Test
 Passed
Touchscreen
Touch Screen Coverage Test
 Passed