Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2010 08:00

Plug on the docking station -> Shutdown -> blue screen -> freeze?!

Hello,

I have the same issue with two different computer Latitude E4300 & Latitude E6400 with the mini E family and the normal E family docking station. Both have been tested with fresh new docking station but the problem remains. When the computer is started on the docking station and then shutdwon, all the time the same problem happend. The computer finish all the task "Windows is shutting down" is the last i think. after that a blue screen like background. It's not a blue screen (error). The computer just stop in the very last moment of the shutdown, the HD stop making noise but still no shutdown. It's like froze. Need to push 10sec. the power button of the docking station to stop it and finally the computer is off.

Undocked no problem to shutdown (with or without all the cable no problem).

I tried to make a hardware profile "docked" and boot on it. It doesn't changed the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help!

4 Posts

November 24th, 2010 13:00

I recently posted a reply to a similar post.  What worked for me was to disable the integrated webcam (in Device Manager).  Try that.  I am now looking for a perm solution (maybe firmware or device driver update).

3 Posts

February 9th, 2011 02:00

Un incroyable merci pour ta réponse! Je n'aurais su trouver une solution pareil... Mais il est vrai que ça fonctionne super bien!

Encore désolé de n'avoir pas répondu plus tot...

Bonne journée!

Frank

3 Posts

February 9th, 2011 02:00

Thank's a lot for your reply. I can confirm your solution is working just fine.

Have a nice day!

Frank

No Events found!