Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2014 15:00

Plugged in but not charging, please give me a good answer and drivers wont update

Okay so my hard drive failed on my laptop I have a Dell xps 15 L502x, so I was able to get a one that fits this laptop, but now I have no drivers but I wa able to get some but the rest dont work, I cant update some because my laptop cant charge, I bought a replacement charger but it doesnt work, my battery leds when the buttons on it is pushed flashes 6 times WHAT DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED AND I NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE, i have uninstalled the ACPI, I have held the button when computer was off for 30 second and such, I have verified that the charger is plugged in and that the port on my pc is not faulty, is it mybattery? should I look for the original charger?

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

Hi Chvzanthony,

Please check if the ac adapter is detected in BIOS follow the steps below.

Shut down the computer and tap F2 during the startup > default BIOS page will be ‘Main’ in that page check the Ac adapter type is 90W/130W. In case the adapter type is none. Then it may be an issue with the motherboard. Also try with a known good adapter and check if the issue persists.

Appreciate the reply, I have tried the f2 thing multiple times, my charger that I bought doesnt have wattage so its fishy, I cant update the bios eather since my computer isnt charged ): could it be my battery?

January 27th, 2014 16:00

If the battery doesnt matter then why can I update the bios without having at least %10 battery?

January 27th, 2014 16:00

The battery shouldn't matter if the laptop is connected to AC using the proper working power adapter.

Even with the battery removed, the AC adapter should power the computer.  I remember having to use my old laptop without the battery while I waited for Dell to send me the replacement back when Dell had to recall all those batteries due to a fire hazard issue.

January 27th, 2014 19:00

That is a safety measure to avoid corrupting the BIOS during install.  The BIOS updates are firmware and if the install gets interrupted, it could cripple your computer.

No Events found!