Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2017 10:00

'Plugged in, not charging' above 75%

Respected Sir,

I Have Dell Latitude E5540 Laptop, i am facing a problem with my battery. It is not charging till 100%, after 75% charge it shows 'Plugged in, not charging'. Please help me urgent. thanks

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 4th, 2017 11:00

Method 1

Please power off computer, remove AC adapter & battery, and then press " Power On " button for 15 seconds to release status flea power. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully battery's charge work normally.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system......

The battery is the original Dell battery or aftermarket battery? Please keep this mind:

Laptop Battery FAQs

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Method 2

Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, click on "View All", and then Power. Run windows updates and System Maintenance as well.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Method 3

Uninstall / reinstall battery in device manager:

Type Device Manager Control Panel onto search box. Stroll down to Batteries and then expand it. Under  Batteries, right-click ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall. To reinstall; click on 'Action' at Device Manager taskbar, and then 'Scan For Hardware Changes"

Note: If system work without AC adapter then I suggest unplug charger prior to above steps.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 4th, 2017 12:00

Method 4

Update System Setup(BIOS). Please click on link below to safety install latest BIOS version.

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer …

2K Posts

January 4th, 2017 22:00

Hi MIANABBAS2017,

When did the issue start? Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).

While in BIOS - go to Power Management -> primary battery charge configuration and check if you have set a custom stop charge point.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!