Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2016 03:00

Plugged in not charging issue with Dell 3521

Hi Team,

Since last week I started facing this very commmon issue ''plugged in, not charging''. It began by stopping at 75% and then went on deteriorating and today morning it was 3% (and wouldn't charge). I have tried all the possible solutions mentioned here by reading the threads. Is there a bug with WIndows 10 or I need to replace something. Kindly help.

Here are the following options which I have already tried:

1. Removed the battery and switched on the laptop with AC supply and uninstalled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and shutting down. Battery reseated and switched on - Didn't work

2. Shut down the computer completely, unplugged the power cable, removed the battery and let it rest for about 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, put the battery in its place, plugged in the power cord and restarted the laptop - Didn't work

3. Removed the battery and let it cool down for 2-3 hours. Put the battery back in its place and plugged in the AC supply and restarted the laptop - Didn't work

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 11th, 2016 04:00

Check the system to see whether or not the AC adapter is recognized - F2 at powerup.  If it's not, in order:

Replace the adapter.  If that doesn't solve the issue,

Replace the DC power jack inside the system, and if that doesn't solve the problem,

Replace the mainboard.

5 Posts

May 11th, 2016 05:00

Hello,

My laptop is working with the power supply (after removing the battery). So is there a problem with the battery itself?

Thanks in advance

5 Posts

May 11th, 2016 05:00

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. My laptop with power supply (i.e. after removing the battery) is working. So is there a problem with the battery itself?

Thanks in advance

5 Posts

May 11th, 2016 06:00

Hello, 

It is working fine without the battery. So is there a problem with the battery itself?

5 Posts

May 11th, 2016 06:00

Hello,

My laptop is working fine after removing the battery. So is there a problem with the battery itself?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 11th, 2016 07:00

If the AC adapter IS recognized, the battery is likely faulty.  If it is NOT recognized, the fault is with the adapter, DC jack or mainboard. 

The battery will not charge unless the adapter is properly recognized.

No Events found!