Highlighted
styadav1
1 Nickel

Plugged in, not charging!!

Hi all,

I recently purchased a brand new dell AC adapter for my old studio 15 (1555), For some non-availability reason i was handed over a 65 W charger in place of 90 W which came originally with the laptop though i was assured that the charger will work without any interruption and will charge my battery, but this didnt happened as the battery backup of my laptop was just 15 mins at that time is used to charge normally, but suddenly it started displaying (0% available,plugged in, not charging). I thought that my battery would be dead and purchased a new one just yesterday but still the same problem.
And moreover to my problem the battery is charging through other dell chargers of my other laptops but not with the one I purchased, Every time i plug in the charger two things happens.

#1. White charging light over the charging jack lights up for 3 seconds and then it turn itself off.(While the laptop is switched on)
#2. While inserting the charger when the laptop is shut down it shows continuous flashing of white and amber charging light.

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S:- The Adapter can power the laptop on A.C.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JadeRhose
1 Copper

RE: Plugged in, not charging!!

Hey. I am having a very similar issue. I run a Dell Inspiron (I don't really know what the number is, since I've had it for a few years now) and up until yesterday, my computer was working beautifully. Now it says that it is plugged in but not charging, and its at 0%. There are 5 little lights that come on on the battery itself when I push the button, and when I plug in the ac adapter, the white light flashes 3 times before going dark. Technically its been telling me to replace the battery for a while, but the battery lasted almost an hour still (depending on the programs running). I've tried taking the battery out and cleaning it, as well as the 30second discharge thing when it's off with the battery out. The computer recognizes the Ac adapter I am quite sure, and I am kind of at the end of my rope. Been searching online for a while now for a solution and I'm getting desperate. Any help at all will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
styadav1
1 Nickel

I have also been searching for this issue for a while, I don't think you  yet need to replace your battery as you say it giving 1 hour backup which is fairly enough for an old laptop battery.
Just try charging your laptop with some other charger and hope it works.\

And the 5 lights on the battery itself shows up that the battery is fully charged.
Strange.

I guess for some reasons your laptop has stopped recognizing the battery, Did you update your BIOS recently?

0 Kudos
JadeRhose
1 Copper

I'm not even sure what the BIOS really is, so probably not. I tried unplugging from the ac adapter and it said in had 100% battery power. I am a bit confused. I'll see if I can get ahold of another charger to see if that could be the issue.

0 Kudos