Highlighted
markds1978
1 Copper

Pointer jumps when I lift my finger off touchpad (XPS 15 9560)

Hi everyone,

As the title says really. I just want to see if others are having similar problems before I bring this up with Dell directly. 

Some pertinent info: This is my second 'XPS 15 9560' and both laptops have had the exact same problem. All drivers are up to date, windows is up to date so I'm using the latest precision drivers from microsoft. I have tried disabling double tap dragging and enhanced precision to no avail.

I'll be happily moving my pointer around the screen and as I lift my finger to click on something the pointer will jump about 5 - 10mm in a random direction, often causing me to click on the wrong thing.

The fact it's happened on both laptops tells me others must be having this problem too. I can't seem to find anything specific on the issue though.

It's driving me nuts and would like to know if anyone who has had this problem has managed to cure it? I've heard installing synaptics drivers can help with some touchpad issues but then you lose touchpad functionality so seems pointless to me, also this fix was for the 9550, last years model so not sure how relevant it is, although my understanding is it's the same touchpad.

Hopefully someone can help, thanks

Mark

2 Replies
BrainzUK
1 Copper

RE: Pointer jumps when I lift my finger off touchpad (XPS 15 9560)

Yep... I've had my XPS 15 9560 for a week now and it's driving me mad. Have you resolved it yet?

eedviin
1 Copper

RE: Pointer jumps when I lift my finger off touchpad (XPS 15 9560)

Having the exact same problem. Have you found a solution?

0 Kudos