Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

15 Posts

December 21st, 2003 15:00

Poor 3D Graphics Performance with Inspiron 8600 with 128mb ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo-Please Post Gaming Experiences

There have been a couple of posts on this board about people with the new i8600/128 ATI mobility Radeon experiencing video problems (horizontal streaking and video corruption developing after a few minutes of play)running 3D intensive games such as Call of Duty, Star Wars Galaxies, etc. also including the 3D Mark2001 SE benchmark. 

Can others who have purchased this laptop post their gaming experiences, primiarily what games have you tried,  what the graphic settings you are running them at, are you playing on AC or battery, what are your ATI Performance/PowerPlay settings, and any video issues you may have experienced.  I would like to know to determine if some of us have received a bad graphics card or is this problem something more serious such as a heat issue.  Dell is sending me a system exchange but I am not confident that it will correct the problem.  Thanks in advance.

May 12th, 2016 05:00

As of my experience, I run my "Dell Inspiron 8600" at "Home/Office/Desktop mode" and plugged into an AC, and I can run:

Minecraft(at lowest graphics)at 20 fps max

Roblox:2 fps(even at lowest graphics)

Best possible way of getting a better gaming quality would be too either

Upgrade the Graphics card to a maximum of 5 g.b.(any higher might cause' the system to not respond)

Upgrade the hard drive(no limit....just make sure it fits)

Or just buy a different P.C.

No Events found!