ericv1984
1 Nickel

Re: Possible upgrades for Latitude D630

Jump to solution

1. I think that all D630's can handle 8gb of ram with the latest bios.

No not all. Like I said in a previous post, it depends on your D630. Some can only handle 4, and others can handle 8. Here are the specs... <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> Notice where it says "Maximum memory". It states "4 GB/8 GB Maximum".

0 Kudos
JuanDBrownJr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ok I downloaded DC Universe Online On my D630 but it does not run well, it's extremely spotty and lags terribly when i play! I believe this is due to the video card not being sufficient enough for it so is there any way i can upgrade this to have the game move at normal speed! Its a mmorpg game! I would really like to keep my laptop but i got it just to play this game and i see no point on keeping it if i can use it for that reason! So any help will be extremely useful! Thank you!

0 Kudos
ericv1984
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

DC Universe online ran just fine on my old D630 but I can't test that out since I sold my D630 a long time ago and recently upgraded to a quad core Gateway laptop.

Anyway, you can't upgrade the video card on any D630's since it's an integrated video card. You can only upgrade the video cards in laptops that have dedicated video cards.

I'd suggest upgraded to a quad core laptop or a newer dual core laptop, one with over 256mb of video memory. 512mb of video memory should do, unless your playing high end games. Their very inexpensive on eBay. My quad core gateway NV55S09u only cost 289 on eBay.

0 Kudos
jjackson269
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am trying to upgrade from XP to Windows 7 but I continue to receive an error message that says the drivers cannot be located. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
ericv1984
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

That's weird. When I upgraded to Windows 7 all I did was connect to WiFi while I upgraded, then Windows 7 automatically found all the drivers.

If it doesn't find all the drivers then just do the upgrade then afterwards, manually search for all the Windows 7 drivers. If you can't find any Windows 7 driver then just download the Windows Vista drivers. You can substitute any Vista drivers for a Windows 7 driver since both operating systems are basically the same.

0 Kudos
Joshua Love
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am running Windows 8 64 Bit

4 GB ram (2 x 2 GB)

Corsair Force GT (90 GB)

Boot time is less than 20 seconds.

paradoox
1 Nickel

RE: Possible upgrades for Latitude D630

Jump to solution

Has anyone gotten the D630 to run with the memory at 800mhz?  I thought I saw a thread that said that the Centrino based D630s would only clock to 667mhz but the Core2Duo based D630s would clock the memory at 800mhz?  (But I can no longer find that thread.)

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

The chipset in the D630 and D830 systems is not capable of running memory over 667 MHz -- even if you install faster RAM.

0 Kudos
qwerty1337
1 Copper

Jump to solution

1) Yes this is possible.

2) Yes this is also possible. I'm currently running windows 8 64bit. however you might have to install the windows 7 drivers occasionally as they keep getting replaced by windows -_-

3) not sure on that one. I have 2 in mine and it runs great with the ssd because of the pagefile.

SSD can handle petabytes of info, so they are in fact more reliable than hdd's. I've had a 120 gb ssd for 6 months now with 5 TB written to it, and I leave/use my pc 24/7 so I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you get a ssd with TRIM support (samsung 840 series are great!)

Hope that hepls.

0 Kudos
paradoox
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

<deleted>

0 Kudos