Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2017 06:00

Power drains to 0% when Latitude 3540 is fully shut down

I have a brand new Latitude 3540 on Win10 x64 but the battery drains to 0% when it's shut down completely and unplugged (I don't use sleep or hibernate so no issue there). Have done a lot of reading and trouble shooting on the issue but nothing has worked (BIOS is fine and adaptor is correct). My power settings are as I want them and fast boot is turned off and Intel power management tools uninstalled but still issue exists even after rebuild. Anyone know what's going on ?

PS. If you are a Microsoft engineer please don't post a reply - most of what MS have said re this issue has been a load of nonsense and clearly they don't know *** they talking about, especially when it comes to their own products.....

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 1st, 2017 13:00

Sounds like it came with a bad battery or a bad mainboard.  With a brand-new system the simplest way to solve problems is to have the system replaced - within the first 21 days after shipment, you can request that.  If the system is older than that, contact Dell for warranty repair.

2 Posts

April 4th, 2017 02:00

Just uninstall Intel's Management interface (all of it and it's associated programmes), issue resolved.

No need for a rebuild , BIOS flash or creating a new power plan.

No Events found!