rbixby
1 Copper

RE: Precision 5510 add hard drive

Jump to solution

I've been racking my brain (and google) to try to find these parts, my regular Dell rep says he can't get them, is there anything you might be able to do to help me?  I'd like to see if I can get them through Dell instead of through some third-party which I don't necessarily trust and the prices have been outrageous.

0 Kudos
bassch
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same problem - is there any way to order these parts for a reasonable price?

0 Kudos
03Partners
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem as everyone else.  Talk about penny wise and pound foolish.  This is incredibly frustrating.

Where do we get the parts 3XYT5 & XDYGX?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@03Partners,

Please send me a friend request and include your name, email address and service tag. I'll see what I can do. 

Justin C

Dell Technical Support L3 | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
rbixby
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, I was able to sort it out eventually

0 Kudos
aydinprver
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Justin,

We're a Dell Premier customer and I just received my Precision 5510 a week ago.

I contacted my Account Manager when to my surprise, I noticed that the HD cable to use my own 2.5" HDD, was not included in my laptop.

Now my Account Manager is stating that the parts that you have listed here, XDYGX and 3XYT5 are end of life and no longer available for Sales.

I'd very much appreciate it if you can show me a way through this situation, I'm starting to get used to my Precision and don't want to return it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
adrenaline_xx
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I bought the cable and my laptop doesnt see the hard drive.. The bios has sata 1 + 2 enabled.

0 Kudos
moosefist
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just got a 5510 from the business outlet. It came configured with a "4R80W 512GB PCIe M.2 NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive"

I pulled my Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB - mSATA Internal SSD (MZ-M5E1T0BW) from my old laptop. Am I right in thinking the m.2 that shipped with the laptop is not in an adapter taking up the 2.5" inch spot? I have the mSATA in a 2.5 adapter. Can someone confirm that it will work if I order the parts listed above:

• XDYGX x1
  • 3XYT5 x2
  • 3FDY3

I see these parts are available on ebay in sets. Is there a better route to purchase? Would like to confirm before spending money or opening the computer to install (does adding a second HDD effect the warranty?)

Full System config: http://pastebin.com/BSUCUiik

0 Kudos
chris_pret
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm also looking for these for my XPS 15 (in Canada). Sales people say new parts are not available for sale and the refurbished parts team do not have any stock.

0 Kudos
JEUS
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I know this is an older post, but I recently needed the same solution for a Dell Precision 5510 and found the complete kit of parts on the USA Amazon website at:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FYDA4X0/ 

it includes cable, bracket, and rubber grommets (but no screws).

Hope this information helps someone.