Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2016 23:00

Precision 7510-No USB port works-No driver found-Win7 Pro 64 bit

I have a refurbished Precision 7510 with Windows 7 64bit installed (UK warranty until May 2019).

NONE of the USB ports are recognised by the OS evn though each time a device is plugged in the device powers up. The OS does not respond AT ALL. Device manager reports that the Universal Serial bus controller has found no driver.

The Intel USB3.0 extensible host controller driver (ver 4.0.6.60) does not seem to work and CAN NOT be uninstalled from control panel or anywhere else.

This laptop must have worked at some stage as the same model is still on sale online with the same OS (AND a Windows 10 pro License included). Is there ANY WAY to roll back the drivers or install a factory fresh copy of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (or Windows 10 Pro 64 bit if it's on offer) so that I have USB ports that actually work.

Also the Dell command update repeatedly installs the Intel rapid storage technology F6 (14.8.9.1053) and Intel management engine interface driver (11.0.0.1167) for some reason.

I am going to try and boot from a live usb image of Ubuntu 14.04 to see if the USB ports are recognised and actually functional.

I can suply my service tag if required.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 18th, 2016 01:00

If you are going to install Windows 7 Professional on it you need to use the Dell Skylake .iso as normal Windows 7 .isos lack the USB 3.0, Storage Controllers and NVMe support. See here for details:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-dell-windows-7-64-bit-reinstallation-sp2-oem-iso-for-a-uefi-bios/ 

No Events found!