Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2015 13:00

Precision M3800 Touch pad Issues

I work in IT for a medium sized engineering firm and we recently purchased a few M3800 laptops. We noticed that when holding the laptop in your lap at a slight angle that the left click can sometimes stick or not work. Like there is nothing pushing the pad back up. Like imagine if you were to remove the metal bar behind the space bar and you were to press it and it didn't pop back up.  This is happening with all of our M3800 laptops. Is there anyone else having this issue??

April 16th, 2015 16:00

Yes absolutely.

My touchpad sticks 'off' and will not accept any input sometimes....

The mouse pointer disappears sometimes

The left click buttom sometimes does not work

the right click button sometimes does not work

The gestures sometimes do not work

According to my informal research and rigorous testing on the touchpad, I can reproduce each symptom any time that I have an important document or task that needs to be done.

Thank you,

25 Posts

October 6th, 2015 15:00

My M3800 has the same problem with the mouse pad. It consistently misses clicks. Did anyone get this resolved through warranty or any other way?

Thanks.

2 Posts

October 7th, 2015 06:00

When I called it into Dell they sent out a tech and the tech said it could not be fixed. At this point I escalated it and it got to the design/engineering level and I was told that it was done that way to make the laptop thinner and nothing could be done. So its essentially a laptop that you can't use on your lap... =/

December 1st, 2016 19:00

I had this same issue, I had the trackpad replaced but the problem returned.

I believe it is actually to do with the rigidity of the case, I have a not removed any screws, but a few are now loose or missing, if you let the case flex a little you will find the trackpad unsticks.

No Events found!