krileymac
1 Nickel

RE: Precision M3800 does not wake after sleep

I contacted Dell and they are replacing the motherboard this week some time, hopefully.  I'll post if that fixed the problem after they are done.  Thanks - Karl

0 Kudos
krileymac
1 Nickel

UPDATE:

We tested the laptop after the new motherboard was inserted and it worked.  This morning it is not working and has returned to the same issue, not waking from sleep. I am contacting Dell. 

Thanks - Karl

All,

Dell replaced the motherboard yesterday and it appears to have fixed the problem, I think.  I am doing more testing but when i close the screen with apps open and then i open the screen back up, they all come back. But I think i closed it last night with apps opens and then opened it this morning and all the apps were closed but it did wake up like normal, so I'll do more testing today and see if I have  setting that is 'closing' the apps.

But, the sleep issue appears to be gone with a motherboard swap.  Oh, also the USB 3 port moved to where the USB 2 port was on the right (as your using the laptop).

Karl

Robertjo
1 Copper

I have the same issue as Lee - any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Emet
1 Nickel

Do any of those reported systems have Computrace Software installed in them?

if yes, you might want to try to disable it.

krileymac
1 Nickel

I do not believe I have Computrace.  Is it just a program I can search for?  I do have the Dell Protected Workspace though.

Karl

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lee21
1 Nickel

@ krileymac, can you give us some updates if Motherboard replacement resolves the issue?

To all, I hingly appreciate your responses. Hope we can get a resolution from Dell ASAP!

Regards,

Lee Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
krileymac
1 Nickel

Lee,

They are coming out tomorrow to replace the motherboard again.  We'll see then and I'll update.

Karl

0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I have dual-boot - Ubuntu and Windows 8. It started only 1 month ago or so. Given that the problem is on both windows and linux, I suspect it's a hardware issue. But I am loathe to be without my laptop for a few days, so any software solution would be great.

0 Kudos
Per Salmi
1 Nickel

I have the same problems. Occured after a motherboard replacement a few weeks back after a failed BIOS upgrade.

What BIOS version do you have on your Machines with this Power button issue?

0 Kudos
Emet
1 Nickel

Reset Hiberfil.Sys
1. Click Start and type CMD or Command Prompt under "Search programs and files"
2. Right click on CMD or Command Prompt and select "Run As Administrator"
3. Type powercfg -h off and press enter.
4. Restart your computer.
This will disable hibernation and clear the hiberfil.sys file.
5. After reboot open another CMD or Command Prompt and run it as Administrator.
6. Please type Powercfg -h on and press enter.
7. Reboot the computer one more time in order for the changes to effect.
This will now create a fresh hiberfil.sys file.
Once you have completed the steps, please put your computer into sleep mode option and try to wake it up

Please reply if it works or not.