Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 26th, 2017 12:00

Precision M4700 replacement

Hi there,

I've had this laptop for 3+ years and have been so happy with it, that I don't know what I'd would if it konks out on my today.  So I'm asking if you folks out there know of a similar dell laptop that I could buy.  The very main requirement would be that it can accept 2 hard drives (if need to remove optical drive for 2nd drive, not a problem; that's what I'm doing now), 15" (14" may be fine), expandable up to at least 32gb of ram, and also be dockable.  price range does not matter.  but needs to be dell, I've been with dell for such a long time and probably won't go to another brand.

thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 26th, 2017 13:00

The Precision 7510 is probably the most direct replacement.for what you have.  The internal optical drive is a thing of the past in newer systems - and while the 15 and 17" systems can take two drives, one must be an M.2 solid state drive - none of the current models have space for two internal 2.5" drives.  

The batterey in the new models fits inside the system - so while it can be removed, it cannot be easily swapped (it requires a screwdriver to change the battery).  

In exchange, the systems are thinner and lighter than older models such as the one you have.

3 Posts

January 26th, 2017 15:00

thanks for your help!  Will take a look.

No Events found!