Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2014 13:00

[Precision M6800] Keep Keyboard Backlight On

Hello,

I was wanting to know if there was a way to keep the backlight of the keyboard on while the system is on. I do a lot of work in a dark environment and when the keyboard light goes out, it makes it hard to see what I'm doing. Although it doesn't seem that big of a deal, when you're hard at work, it can throw you off track, etc.

Thanks,

Johnathan

18 Posts

May 7th, 2014 20:00

I've found an acceptable solution to keeping the backlight on the keyboard lit. The Dell Feature Enhancement Pack Application that worked for the Precision M6700 seems to also work for the Precision M6800 as well. Here is the link to download the application:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=MHVWP

Simply click on the Download File link and install. It installed on my system without issue. Once installed, you'll notice some new Start Menu items as well as Control Panel items. Under the Control Panel, there is a Dell Keyboard Backlight Settings option. Clicking this will bring you to the Keyboard Properties and the new Backlight tab. Adjust to at a maximum lit duration of 5 minutes after the last use. For me, this is more acceptable and works for the most part. Much better than what it was before.

Hope it works well for you as well,

Johnathan

8 Posts

June 19th, 2015 15:00

Perfect!! Thanks

18 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 20:00

Is this really not an option for this model? Why would something simple like this be overlooked.

Is not the point of a backlit keyboard is to be able to see the keys in low light or no light? If it goes dim due to inactivity, how can you see the keys to be able to press the right one, etc?

2 Posts

August 9th, 2015 05:00

It worked for me, I purchased 4 keyboards on e-bay, and now I know you have to install the Dell Feature Enhancement Pack, then go to the keyboard and activate the light feature. Thanks!

No Events found!