dsdehart
1 Nickel

Precision M6800 laptop upgraded to Windows 10 cpu going to critical load several times a day

This and the fan kicks in like a jet engine. I heard there is a registry hack that will stop this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Debbie

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Precision M6800 laptop upgraded to Windows 10 cpu going to critical load several times a day

Hi dsdehart,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system isn't running as expected.

Here is some information you may find helpful: www.dell.com/.../troubleshooting-fan-noise

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
dsdehart
1 Nickel

RE: Precision M6800 laptop upgraded to Windows 10 cpu going to critical load several times a day

The problem is bigger than that. Bios up to date, and using on a desk.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please run a systems diagnostics by pressing F 12 at startup or run Support Assist, make a note of any errors encountered, and give Tech Support a call to further troubleshoot.  You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message

0 Kudos
dsdehart
1 Nickel

The machine is out of support and the support I have gotten on this laptop has been crazy bad. I have had many Dell machines that were/are top notch, but not this one.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Out of warranty services should be able to assist you.  www.dell.com/.../how-to-arrange-out-of-warranty-repair-on-your-dell-system

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos