Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2014 08:00

Problem in switching between laptop and TV with Inspiron 1501 (operating system windows7)

Hello friends,

I recently updated my operating system from XP to Windows 7 ultra 32 bit in the one of my laptop and the model is inspiron 1501 and everything is well, but when I switch to tv by pushing Fn+F8, it can't switch to TV.

My cable is OK and Fn+F8 is working, but doesn't send the signal to TV through VGA port.

I updated the last drivers from dell web site, but didn't work and I am not sure is right software which works for external TV in windows 7 Ultra 32 bit.

I want to ask any body in community can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

18 Posts

March 25th, 2014 03:00

Try the key combination Windows key+P

5 Posts

March 28th, 2014 13:00

Hi Muneeb,

When I pushed windows key and p it made a beep and actually didn't work.

When I get Fn+F8, it shows laptop and TV icon in the middle of my screen but it can't switch to TV.

5 Posts

March 28th, 2014 13:00

Hello friends,

I recently updated my operating system from XP to Windows 7 ultra 32 bit in the one of my laptop and the model is inspiron 1501 and everything is well, but when I switch to tv by pushing Fn+F8, it can't switch to TV.

My cable is OK and Fn+F8 is working, but doesn't send the signal to TV through VGA port.

I updated the last drivers from dell web site, but didn't work and I am not sure is right software which works for external TV in windows 7 Ultra 32 bit.

I want to ask any body in community can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

No Events found!