Mateusz.swi
1 Copper

Problem that makes me crazy!

So, since about beginning of this year my laptop started to make sounds like he was founding something in USB port but nothing showed up, I've tried everything to find out what's happening, now I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and I still have this problem, help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: Problem that makes me crazy!

Please run the latest Windows 10 chipset and USB drivers on the notebook. Run diagnostics especially testing USB and see if you receive any errors.  If the problems continue please reply with an error messages that you may have received and the model of your notebook and the version of Windows installed on the system before upgrading to Windows 10.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Mateusz.swi
1 Copper

Well i didn't recevie any error but the problem is still, what should i do?

0 Kudos

Please reply with the model of notebook, and the version of Windows that was installed on the system before updating to Windows 10.  If possible test all of the USB ports with a simple device like a mouse and see if you have any problems.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Mateusz.swi
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron N5110, all of the USB ports work fine, I had Windows 7 Home Premium. Even if there is nothing in the USB the sound is still and the sound comes about 7 time in one minute.

0 Kudos
Mateusz.swi
1 Copper

So can you help me?

0 Kudos

One thing to try to find out is if the noise is something generated by the sound card or is a system noise. While running diagnostics did you notice the beeping? Test in safemode and see if the notebook still beeps. If you still have the problem in either diagnostics or safemode it won’t be the sound card, and this will be a system noise and likely you will need to have the notebook serviced.

If you didn't notice the problem in diagnostics or safemode, and since you are using Windows 10 try using the generic sound driver and see if it makes a change. You could have some program that is causing the problem; check Windows to see what programs are running in the background and close any unneeded programs and see if that helps.  

Other than that the only other thing that I can think up is to run a manual reinstall of Windows. Please understand that Dell hasn’t tested the N5110 for use with Windows 10 and doesn’t recommend upgrading. If you do decide to reinstall you may want to go back to Windows 7.

Please post back here with what you find out.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos