Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2017 11:00

Problem with camera

Some lines keep appearing in camera view on every platform be camera app or skype. after sometime screen goes blank. any suggestins

Link to problem image

drive.google.com/open

edit: Dell Inspiron 5559 Win10

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2017 19:00

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system and the latest windows update (Creator Update) is installed as well....

I would suggest you reset both camera and skype:. Please type Settings onto the [Cortana] search box, click on Apps,  Apps & feature, select Camera, and then Advanced options. You should see the Reset option. Do the same for Skype. If that troubleshooting step doesn't work, please type troubleshoot onto the search box, and then run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2017 19:00

If the camera still isn't fix:

Installing drivers through Windows Update - Type Setting onto [Cortana] search box, click Update And Security, and select "Check for Updates". Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

If the problem still isn't fix, 

Run Guide Me option in your Dell Product Support page. The tool will automatically detect driver updates for the system. Please follow instructions to run Guide Me option in link below.

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 3rd, 2017 18:00

If the troubleshooting steps didn't fix the camera:

Please select Choose A Diagnostic Test in the link below, and then run a custom test on the camera. Also run a custom test on the Video card as well.

Support for Inspiron 5559 | Diagnostics | Dell US

No Events found!