Highlighted
stefell
1 Copper

Problem with dell inspiron 1520 display

Hello,

I dont know what happened but my laptop's monitor today went like this
http://img96.imagesh.../dafdsdfad.jpg/

i have already unistalled my nvidia driver and removed it from my laptop completely and i have re-installed them again but the problem was still existed. 
i did a system restore as well in order to check if i have changed anything options by mistake, but nothing happened.
If you please have any idea how to fix this please help me!

Note: when i unistalled the drivers my laptop worked fine, but with the nvidia installed not

i have nvidia geforce 8600M GT  installed in my laptopoblem with my geforce 8600M GT
Problem with my geforce 8600M GTProblem with my geforce 8600M GT

THank you in advance 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Problem with dell inspiron 1520 display

It's a bad video card.  To confirm that, attach an external monitor - if the card is bad, the monitor will show the same fault.

0 Kudos
stefell
1 Copper

it looks fine with an external monitor. so how can i fix the problem?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

First step would be to reseat both ends of the ribbon cable that runs between the mainboard and display panel.  Check the cable for damage - if it's damaged, replace it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, the next thing to replace is the panel itself.  However, note that these video chips aren't known to be the most robust of designs - - and when they fail, it is is possible that the external monitor may display OK while the internal one is faulty -- so there's no guarantee the video card is still good, even if the external display is OK.

0 Kudos