Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2012 00:00

Problems installing XP Audio drivers for Dell Inspiron 1525

I need help. I downgraded my Dell Inspiron 1525 system using windows XP professional

I tried installing the audio driver (1525 SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD ) from dell 1525 xp driver list and I got the following message:

ExitError:Error=This system does not support the driver you are attempting to install.

Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 24th, 2012 05:00

Joe, when there is no audio after reinstalling Windows it is usually because the drivers were not installed in the correct order. Often there is an error message, because the Notebook System Software and chipset drivers were not installed correctly and the audio chip on the motherboard is not recognized. In this situation "usually" a fresh install of the OS is not required, just re-installing the NSS and chipset correctly. If that doesn't work then a full re-installation may be necessary.

For an Inspiron 1525 with XP, install in this order:

a. Dell System Software. Download, install and restart.

b. Intel Mobile Chipset software. Download, install and restart.

c. Sigmatel audio driver (expand the Audio category).

Windows XP SP1 should be upgraded to SP2 or SP3 before installing the audio driver.

Windows XP SP 2 may require that the UAA hotfix be installed before the audio driver. Get it from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111.

Windows XP SP3 already has the UAA hotfix.

May 29th, 2012 19:00

Thanks Jim that worked. That saved me a lot of trouble, I really appreciate your help, have a great day

Joe

3 Posts

November 17th, 2013 20:00

Hello JIMCO.

This is Emtiaz Ahmed. I have installed windows xp SP3 in my 1525 inspiron. But i have a problem that is when i sign in skype,and when my friend give me a voice call,i hear my  friends voice. But he can,t hear my voice. So in this position what should i do. Could you please tell me?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 18th, 2013 06:00

Check your microphone settings.

3 Posts

November 18th, 2013 11:00

I have checked many times sir. But there is still this same problem.If you have any suggestion for me please tell me. I am waiting for your reply.

Thank you for your feedback. :)

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 18th, 2013 18:00

Hello Emtiaz Ahmed.

Are you referring to an internal mic, or tpo an external mic plugged into your mic jack? I will assume you mean the internal mic.

First i would ask you to open the Sound & Audio Device properties by right clicking on the  audio icon on the taskbar.
Click on Adjust Audio Properties.
Click the "Audio" tab at the top.
Locate the the "Sound recording" section in the middle, between "Sound playback" and " MIDI music playback".
Click the down arrow to the right of the "default device" box.

Select "Sigmatel".

Click the "Volume" button of Sound Recording.

Place a checkmark in the box underneath the microphone.

Your Inspiron 1525 model has 2 possibilities for internal mics. There is a mic in the lower part of the case, near the front. Some of the 1525's also have a pair of mics at the top of the  display screen, on eithyer side of the camera. Those mics are called the "digital array" mics or the "mic array". Those were an optional purchase at the time the laptop was ordered from Dell.

If you think that you have the mic array, those are controlled by the webcam program. Try installing or re-installing that program

To configure for mic input and to confirm that the mic signal is getting through:

>Follow the above instructions to select the mic to be the default recording source.

> Drag the mic volume slider all the way up.

> Click on 'Advanced' under the microphone select box. Check the 'mic boost' box.

Now open Windows Sound Recorder under Start/Programs/Accessories/Entertainment. Click on the red Record button and then speak into the mic. If the green line moves then the mic is working and the signal is getting into the system.

Check your Skype audio settings, starting with (in Skype) Tools, Options, Sound Devices.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 18th, 2013 19:00

If you think that you have the mic array, those are controlled by the webcam program. Try installing or re-installing that program

Correction. That file is not the webcam program. It is the webcam driver. Install that, then install the Dell Webcam Manager program here:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-1525?driverId=290M9&osCode=WW1&fileId=2731102212&languageCode=en&categoryId=AP

When the both the driver and the program are installed,

1. Click Start.
   2. Click either All Programs or Programs.
   3. Click the Dell Webcam folder, then click the Dell Webcam Manager icon to open it.
   4. In the Dell Webcam Manager, click the Dell Webcam Center.
   5. In the lower right-hand corner of the Dell Webcam Center window, click the drop-down arrow next to Audio Source and click Digital Mic to enable the microphone. (On some models click Microphone/Line-in>More>Microphone Array Sigmatel.)

3 Posts

November 19th, 2013 02:00

Thank You Jimco. Thank you so much  for your co-operation. :)

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 2nd, 2014 10:00

is it that important to install dell system software? 

You should Install the Dell System Software. Reboot.

Then install Intel Mobile Chipset driver, reboot.

Re-install the Sigmatel driver.

June 2nd, 2014 10:00

is it that important to install dell system software? 

im re-installing os xpsp3 on my dell inspiron 1525

i have not seen it in program list earlier

i have installed everything b it graphiccard wifi lan everything is running fine but even after installing

SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, v.5.10.0.5515, A00 

its in the program list but no sound!

plz help

June 2nd, 2014 11:00

but 1 thing im noticing there is not sound when i open a folder or select a file!

y is it??

help

June 2nd, 2014 11:00

thank u very much

its working:emotion-21:

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 2nd, 2014 13:00

Open the Sound properties (right click on the audio icon on the taskbar and click properties).

Click on the "Sounds" tab at the top. Make adjustments there for system sounds.

June 2nd, 2014 23:00

that i have already done.

then only u can get songs to play, i can listen to songs in media player but that folder opening clicking sound selection sound non of them happening!

No Events found!