Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 29th, 2013 11:00

Problems: partition encrypted with bitlocker.

hello
I have a question, I have a dell inspiron 17r SE 7720, a problem occurred with the start of windows and I want to refresh the system and I have a partition encrypted with bitlocker.

my question is, if I refresh the system to start windows 8, and select the option to keep the partitions, will delete the data stored on the encrypted partition?

or data on that partition will not be deleted?

thanks in advance

sorry for my English

3.1K Posts

August 29th, 2013 11:00

Hi HP1890,

The Refresh option is primarily a repair method. With the Refresh option, user accounts, data files and some settings are preserved on your PC without the need to create a backup or to make choices about what to keep or remove. So, it you select to keep the partition, ideally it should not delete any information. Though, it is always advisable to keep a backup of the important data so avoid mishap in the future.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2013 12:00

Thank you very much.

previously had had a similar problem and had to reinstall the system, when I did it gave me the option to back up my data to an external hdd but when I start the process, omitted that step and went straight to prepare the disk and reinstall the system . all my data is erased, for that reason I made a bitlocker encrypted partition.

regards

3.1K Posts

August 29th, 2013 16:00

Hi HP1890,

Computer can be hard to understand at times. They have a mind of their own. For this reason, I ensure to keep a backup of the data at all times and I suggest the same to you. Its better to be safe than sorry :emotion-2:

No Events found!