Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

6 Posts

May 13th, 2008 12:00

Problems with M1330

I have a M1330 since 4/28 and have had problems.  First within 3 days the HD died, new replacement. Now am having issues with the shut down and restart.  System hangs for some 15-20 on the shutdown, then bluescreen with POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE message. After several calls to tech support???, I finally found that the problem is with the Trend Micro antivirus PC-CILLIN program that Dell installs.  Going to MSCONFIG and removing the Trend Micro programs from the services and startup seems to fix the problem.  Anyone else having this issue?

6 Posts

May 13th, 2008 17:00

I am afraid that does not correct the problem.  I have Vista Ultimate and this came installed from DELL with me paying for 36 months.  I can put McAfee on it and make it work ok, but DELL should reimburse me for the 36 months. The tech support people said to uninstall the Trend Micro and put on McAfee.  Looks like they have issues.  They do have a problem with fixing it the first time. This whole mess has cause me to have to reinstall the image 4 times. Thanks for the reply but it does not fix the problem.  I googled around and it seems to be more a issue with Vista Ultimate than with Home Edition.

3.9K Posts

May 13th, 2008 17:00

I'd try completely removing it and reinstalling, and make sure it's patched up.  Other than that, maybe it's just not a good program?
No Events found!