Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2013 15:00

Problems with external monitor not displaying

Hi,

I have a XPS  L502X  hooked up via VGA-HDMI  to my admittedly older E228WFPc. Dell monitor. I have been using this set up for the better part of a year without any real problems. Then I had to unhook the HDMI cable and when I came to reconnect today - nothing.The laptop believes it is connected but nothing shows up on the monitor. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wondering42

1.3K Posts

January 21st, 2013 08:00

Hi Wondering42,

Please check if the cable is connected properly to the port and also check if there is a problem with the cable by swapping it. Also ensure that you open the NVidia control panel and setup multiple display.

1.3K Posts

January 24th, 2013 10:00

Hi Wondering42,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

3 Posts

February 7th, 2014 23:00

I have exactly the same problem with my Dell XPS laptop (I use a Dell ST2420L external monitor). Nothing wrong with the monitor and the cable (I tested it on another computer). The computer recognise the second monitor, but the display stays black. (It is doing the same with another - older - monitor also) Do anybody know of any diagnostic that I may do to indicate if it may be a hardware or software problem?
No Events found!