Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

March 8th, 2008 20:00

Problems with importing pictures...

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1720 and when I spoke with the dell rep. i toldhim what I would be doing with the computer. He set me up with whatever he thought I would need. Unfortunately I have run into one problem after another to download pictures from my SD card... I get an error message that reads "Semaphore Session Timed Out" I am not very computer savvy - I know just enought o be dangeroud, but I cannot figure out how to fix this. Every time I call Dell I am put on hold for ever and I cannot manage to get anyone online to chat with either.

Could some please tell me they have had this problem too - and help me fix this!!

Thanks!

28K Posts

March 8th, 2008 23:00

Exactly what are you doing to import pictures?  Downloading pictures from your SD card should be as simple as opening Windows Explorer, browsing to the SD card, right clicking a pricture, selecting copy, then browsing to the folder you want to put the picture in and selecting Paste from the Edit menu. 

Are you trying to import these pictures into another program?  If so, which one?

Steve

3 Posts

March 9th, 2008 10:00

When I insert my SD card it brings up a screen where you choose which program you would like to improt the pictures to. I have a Kodak program that I got with my camera, so I was trying to use that - but it does not let me. I have tried to use several different programs to even view the pictures, but I cannot do that either. It doesn't not show the pictures at all. Some programs even say there are no valid pictures to view?? I have been trying to figure this out fora  few weeks now, and I am getting quite frustrated. I hope you can help me...

28K Posts

March 9th, 2008 19:00

When you insert the SD card, if it opens a window, can you choose "Open folder to view files"?  If so, and you open the folder, are there any picture files there?

If it doesn't open a window when you insert the SD card, then you need to browse to the SD card using Windows Explorer and open the folder to view files.   If you do so, are they any picture files in there?

Steve

3 Posts

March 9th, 2008 20:00

Thanks so much for your help... my brother-in-law came over and I explained to him what was going on and showed him. Apparently my SD card has to be locked in order to import the pictures from it - but it has to be unlocked in order to use it in my camera... I told you I know just enough to be dangerous. But I am fixed - I can load pictures and all of that good stuff.

Thanks so much again, for all of your time and patience.

No Events found!