Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2009 15:00

Problems with screen zoom level and touch pad - Inspiron 1545

When I'm on the internet, the zoom level on my screen often changes erratically, without command. When this happens, the mouse pad usually becomes erratic, unresponsive or very slow. Any ideas?? Not sure if the two problems are connected. In terms of the problems with the mouse pad, it doesn't usually improve with cleaning. Touch pad settings are turned off. Using an Inspiron 1545 laptop - only had it a few weeks!

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

1 Message

August 1st, 2009 12:00

I just figured this out!  On the bottom right hand of the screen there is a an icon (near the battery meter) that says Dell Touch Pad.  Open that screen and it lets you pick the scrolling and zoom settings.  You can turn the zoom function off and it won't happen anymore.

Cheers!

1 Message

June 4th, 2009 22:00

This same issue was happening to me, too! Now, I am still not sure how to put an end to the touch-zoom madness, but I do know how to fix the zoom. On the internet page, look at the bottom right-hand corner. You will see a magnifying glass with a percent. If your zoom is messed up, it will be higher or lower than 100%. Click the downwards arrow next to it to select your desired zoom percent (100% is the normal setting.) This should fix the zoom on your screen. Also, when you touch pad goes crazy, don't continue to touch it. Take your fingers off the pad completely and let the touch pad restore itself. I have also installed a touch pad monitor in my lower dock that shows me if it is working properly and reading my touch correctly. I found this info in my Help&Support program, so I hope this helped.:emotion-2:

Peacegirl01

2 Posts

June 6th, 2009 20:00

Great, thanks for posting - will definitely give that a try! :emotion-2:

1 Message

August 23rd, 2009 13:00

Mine doesnt have that displaying at the bottom .. is there any way i can get it to come up if i right click on the bar at the bottom and select cutomize notification icons it is listend there but i cant get in on to the bar to do anything with please help!!!!!

1 Message

December 11th, 2010 16:00

It seems that the zoom  works if I have two fingers touching the touchpad (one steady and the other sliding diagonaly up or down).  I am learning to keep just one finger on the touchpad... no  problem!

1 Message

November 1st, 2012 17:00

Not only do you to got to the TouchPad control (in the Control Panel or from the icon in the tray)/Scroll and Zoom and turn OFF the zooming...you also have to go down one button to "Gestures"and turn off the gestures.  It was the palms of my right and left hand touching the touch pad at the same time that was causing all the seemingly erratic zooming.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 01:00

Hi,

For additional troubleshooting on the touchpad, check this link: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=277550#Notebook_Mouse

Please reply for any help.

2 Posts

April 20th, 2013 09:00

frank?

2 Posts

April 20th, 2013 10:00

frank??

750 Posts

April 25th, 2013 03:00

Hi julmoo,

Welcome to Dell Community.

May I know if you are facing any issues with a Dell product? Kindly share the issue details. I'd be glad to assist.

1 Message

November 12th, 2013 19:00

im using inspiron 1545. it's screen suddenly became too wide, and my mouse icon wont stop blinking as well.  what to do here. pls help. :emotion-6:

1 Message

August 19th, 2015 06:00

Thanks tons.. it has made me crazy!!

No Events found!