Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

18 Posts

March 30th, 2008 13:00

Processor

Hello Forum members,

This is my first day.

In fact I am in Japan and recently changed computer to Dell 1530. Which I will have shortly. Before Ordering I made it clear I need a computer for home use for Audio/Video editing and I was told that XPS 1530 with

Core2 Dual Processor T7250 (2MB L2 2Ghz 800Mhz FSB) will work fine.

Extra info:

2 GB DDR2 -SDRM Memory

Navidia(R )Ge Force (R) 8600 M GT 256 MB DDR3

160 GB SATA HDD (5400)

Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB

Sooner I contacted the person Uncharged and I was told I can not change Processor to 2.4 as ordered is processed. Is there any way when I get my laptop I can upgrade like other parts?

Or the same processor could work fine?

Any suggestions in this regard will be appreciated.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 30th, 2008 13:00

You cannot change an order once you place it - you must cancel and re-order.

39 Posts

March 30th, 2008 18:00

I placed my order online and about 2 days after I decided I wanted to upgrade the video card, I called in and they did it for me without no issue. 

18 Posts

March 31st, 2008 02:00

ejn63

Thank you very much for reply.

After your message I sent an e-mail to the representative who took my order but got no reply from Dell and I have just called but the representative is busy may be I will get call later.

It could be a difference of country. I am in Japan. Usually people do not speak English therefore, I prefer to use Dell America.  

18 Posts

March 31st, 2008 02:00

JordieXPS

Thanks for reply I really appreicate it. I should say you are lucky. I am in Japan. I sent an e-mail to the Incharge and called now but they are busy.

Thank you

No Events found!