Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2012 02:00

Question about 'Emergency' folder from Datasafe.

A little while ago, a dodgy Windows update frazzled my laptop, so I created an emergency backup folder with DataSafe and did a factory reset. Everything worked out fine, I restored all my files and everything looks fantastic again.

After completing the restore, I have a folder in my C: drive called 'Emergency', which contains 'Backup_3-16-2012_5-18-49 PM.1', which is a .exe file, and then 277 files, all with the same name (bar the number at the end increasing), all with the extension .dsb, which I understand is a DataSafe file.

Can I delete the 'Emergency' folder now that I have completed the restore? I only ask because it is taking up over 80gb of hard drive space.

Thanks,

3.8K Posts

June 14th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. If you have already put back all the files to its original postion, then you can go ahead and delete it.

However, I suggest you just make a back up of that file, in C drive, just to be on the safe side.

Thank you

1 Message

August 28th, 2013 21:00

I did the same thing, and for the same reason.  How do you put the files that were backed up back where they were prior to the emergency back up? These are Dell Datasafe backed up files, same issue as the previous post.  I had to restore my Inspiron N7010 and need to put back all the files to the original position. Are you able to tell me how to accomplish this?  Thank you.

No Events found!