Highlighted
Andape
1 Nickel

QuickSet And Dell Audio by Realtek (Waves Maxx Audio) Fix

Hello XPS Owners Some help please i have my new dell xps l702x and the QuickSet cant launch waves audio maxx... I already reinstalled QuickSet and works, but when i restart my xps waves maxx audio touch key dont work Smiley Sad  I already try with official dell drivers, realtek official last driver and the problem continue... I have to run manually the Dell Audio(Realtek waves maxx audio) and the icon appear in notification system tray (rigth down corner) i check msconfig-startup and the realtek procces are enable... Every time i turn on my computer i have to manually run Dell Audio as administrator and the screen of Audio Dell by Realtek appear Smiley Sad Any ideas or a guide to solve this problem... I paid $2400 for a system with that kind of problems(basic drivers) So bad Smiley Sad and fan start everytime doing normal stuff when gaming it gets hot i hope its normall but i will need thermal paste in my left arm... I search al lot but cant find a solution only, i try drivers but the problem continues... Please help me and sorry for my english Smiley Happy Bye...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Andape 2012 
Dell XPS 17+3D L702x - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1 - 2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2860QM processor
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M - 1
6GB Ram - Creative SoundBlaster X-FI MB 1.2

0 Kudos
23 Replies

Re: QuickSet And Dell Audio by Realtek (Waves Maxx Audio) Fix

Andape,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system?

Start, control panel, Windows mobility center. Make sure the function row is set for multimedia key.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
colbar
1 Nickel

This doesn't fix the problem

The WAVES quick launch key still won't work

any solution? 

0 Kudos

colbar,

Did you install the Realteck Audio drivers from Drivers & Downloads?

Hit the Windows Key and the X keys at the same time. You should see...

Under Function Key row, select Multimedia key.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
bleachgirl93
1 Copper

ANDAPE -- Did you ever solve this issue? I have the same issues and i dont know what to do to fix it. I have already tried installing realtek's latest, but nothing. I dont know why it wont work... can you help?

0 Kudos
Andape
1 Nickel

Hello, I solved the problem reinstalling the OS with the OS Disc "Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Disc" then I install drivers from the disk "Drivers and Utilities"

don't use the recovery discs the problem continues when use recovery discs, now my laptop is fast, and i install only what i need...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Andape 2012 
Dell XPS 17+3D L702x - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1 - 2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2860QM processor
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M - 1
6GB Ram - Creative SoundBlaster X-FI MB 1.2

0 Kudos
MoustafaFarouk
1 Copper

using dell  XPS l502X      

windows 7 home prem  64bit

hello my friend  . i had the same problem like urs  . which i got after i updated the audio driver from realtek.com   but after long day googling i have done some steps and restarts so i will include what i remember hoping that help you  and any others without frustrating ..    (notice: i am not a computer pro i am just here to help so do this at your own risk and sory for my ban english)

here are the simple steps:

1- go to http://ftp1.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/Laptops/XPS/XPS%2015%20%20(L502X)/#Audio       and download

A- 

Realtek ALC665 Audio, v.6.0.1.6267, A03 A03 3/8/2011 Windows 7 64-bit Download

B-

Dell QuickSet, v.11.0.10, A02 A02 3/11/2011 Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows Vista 32-bit
Download

2- Roll back your audio driver if you have the ability to do so (assuming you updated your driver)

Star t> Control panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right click speakers > properties > and another (properties) under control information > Change settings >  Roll Back Driver .

3- install what you have downloaded . ( preferly make a backup of your drivers just in case  - for me i took a copy of all folders in CSmiley Very HappyELL/DRIVERS/ )

(Optional)  4- some service popped up from Internet download manager that needs to be disabled and then enabled with (automatic) chosen  

to do so     Right click my computer> manage > services and applications > services > look for  Base filtering engine and click it > startup type :automatic > disable it > then enable it again > then start .

5- click Windows+x on your keyboard to open up windows mobility >  change Functional key to multimedia key > close it

6- Restart your pc .      CLICK ON THE WAVES MAXXAUDIO on your xps     !! VOILA     IT IS WORKING . 

i hope i havent missed something and wishing that i have gave a hand .

I have the same problem

would you finally able to fix your problem?

if so, please talk me out of mine.

thanks!

0 Kudos

I have he same one, and I haven't find any solution.

could you sove your problem?

If so, please let me know how.-

Thanks!

0 Kudos
brandice75
1 Copper

Worked perfectly!  Thanks!

0 Kudos