Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 27th, 2016 01:00

Quickset doesn't work for BIOS update.

I have dell Inspiron 5559, I updated my bios to the current version but apparently my quickset isn't working. I tried to uninstall but it says "Your computer's Bios is outdated. Update your bios firmware to current version." I cant update the quickset too! What should I do?!?

Thanks in avd. ...

9 Posts

October 8th, 2016 04:00

But the thing is, after using for quite a few days, pls, make sure that the bios or the quickset driver problems are solved on next update, on their compatibility. Quickset works fine now but the bios updated driver makes it useless because DellPowerManagement doesnt work amd the quickset icons of numpad and fn key doesnt comes up. Aparently, the powermanagememt can be woroed in bios menu, and quickset icon doesn't shows, but guessing on the behaviour, one can see if numpad lock and fnlock is on or off. So I would suggest users not to use bios 1.2.4 update, better, use 1.2.3 which is working smooth and with all functionality.

532 Posts

September 27th, 2016 01:00

Hi,

We’re listening. We’ll surely check and assist you. We don’t like customer’s upset and inconvenienced We request you to share the service tag/express service tag, the name on the account and your email address through a private message, so that we can for specific drivers and update the same to you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’

9 Posts

October 1st, 2016 02:00

Im uptodate with bios and all. pls help me.....It happend when my dell uodate software gave an upodate for bios, installing that is what my problem I think, But I reinstalled back all abut it isnt working yet.

Anymore suggestions?!?

System: Windows 10-64 bit

Model: 5559

All drivers updated , but,  Quickset.

Windows is fully updated.

9 Posts

October 1st, 2016 02:00

I tried all but, still my quickset isnt working, I mean installing . I removed the software completely using revo uninstaller. What should I do, I cant access to the thimgs like Dell power Management other than Bios menu, but.....

532 Posts

October 4th, 2016 05:00

Hi thank you for trying the step. We did review the details, sometimes the support assist gives false errors. We request you to try initializing the quickset driver and check if you are able to run the same. Please let us know if there is any issues with the system. Please share the outcome.

9 Posts

October 4th, 2016 05:00

Everytime I do, it tells that the bios is outdated, I have tried a hundred of times, but I'll try once again.

Thank you.

9 Posts

October 4th, 2016 16:00

Well, This time, I downgraded my bios to 1.2.3, installed quickset which worked and upgraded back my bios to 1.2.4. All is fine for now.....

I think, quickset drivers need an upgrade!

532 Posts

October 5th, 2016 01:00

Great! We'll surely share the feedback with our relevant teams. We are sure that the next release of the quickset and the relevant drivers will be a good one. We truely appreciate the information provided.

9 Posts

October 5th, 2016 02:00

I'm honoured if I could help in the betterment of Dell. Thank You very much.

532 Posts

October 6th, 2016 04:00

Thank you very much for your loyalty. We are very honor to have customer like you.

247 Posts

October 13th, 2016 18:00

I'm having same issue with my 5559 Inspiron. Tried to install latest Quickset and it says Bios is outdated although I have confirmed correct Bios is installed and current to Dell release. Since this Quickset release is from February 2016 I suspect it simply doesn't check bios correctly. Could be Quickset needs updating not the bios.

247 Posts

October 13th, 2016 18:00

Yeah, something definitely messed up. I can live without Quickset for now, but I am sorry I updated bios now. Just wonder if this was also related to the Win 10 anniversary update?

1 Message

October 16th, 2016 02:00

Have same trouble on 5559. Non working QuickSet after BIOS update 1.2.4.

Cant see NumLock status in tray. Dell power maanager does not show anything in its window.

Mobility Center tabs not working( touchpad cant be disabled, Dellpower tab disappeared).

9 Posts

October 16th, 2016 03:00

Downgrade ur bios to 1.2.3

Everything will work as good as it was earlier...

9 Posts

October 16th, 2016 03:00

Downgrade bios to 1.2.3....

No Events found!