KCsLappy
1 Nickel

RE: Quickset doesn't work for BIOS update.

Jump to solution

But the thing is, after using for quite a few days, pls, make sure that the bios or the quickset driver problems are solved on next update, on their compatibility. Quickset works fine now but the bios updated driver makes it useless because DellPowerManagement doesnt work amd the quickset icons of numpad and fn key doesnt comes up. Aparently, the powermanagememt can be woroed in bios menu, and quickset icon doesn't shows, but guessing on the behaviour, one can see if numpad lock and fnlock is on or off. So I would suggest users not to use bios 1.2.4 update, better, use 1.2.3 which is working smooth and with all functionality.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having same issue with my 5559 Inspiron. Tried to install latest Quickset and it says Bios is outdated although I have confirmed correct Bios is installed and current to Dell release. Since this Quickset release is from February 2016 I suspect it simply doesn't check bios correctly. Could be Quickset needs updating not the bios.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yeah, something definitely messed up. I can live without Quickset for now, but I am sorry I updated bios now. Just wonder if this was also related to the Win 10 anniversary update?

0 Kudos
YurArm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Have same trouble on 5559. Non working QuickSet after BIOS update 1.2.4.

Cant see NumLock status in tray. Dell power maanager does not show anything in its window.

Mobility Center tabs not working( touchpad cant be disabled, Dellpower tab disappeared).

0 Kudos
KCsLappy
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Downgrade ur bios to 1.2.3

Everything will work as good as it was earlier...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
KCsLappy
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Downgrade bios to 1.2.3....

0 Kudos