Highlighted
gydellcomm
Copper

RE: Inspiron 15 7559

Hi, I have a question that's not directly related to the original post but it also has to do with the Inspiron 7559. I've owned mine for ~3 mo. Two days ago it installed an NVIDIA driver update. Last night a game I was playing suddenly froze and I had to force quit, but after I restarted the game (at which time my internet browsers were also open but they were only displaying gmail and another simple website with no multimedia playing), the computer completely froze. Mouse didn't work, and ctrl-alt-delete didn't work. I finally tried to force shutdown the laptop by holding the power button for a long time, but that also didn't work, which was worrying. This laptop has an internal battery, so I couldn't just remove the battery to force a shutdown. I ended up unplugging the external power and letting the laptop run its battery out so that it shut itself down.

This only happened once, and the laptop turned on ok this morning, but I'm worried that if a similar situation happens again, I wouldn't have any other options if the power button doesn't work like it's supposed to.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: RE: Inspiron 15 7559

Hi GYDELLCOMM,

Are there any bluescreens / system crashes? Does the system overheat? What is the current OS installed on the system?

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/24WBGxK

If the system tends to work fine, create a system restore point, so you could always restore the system back to a functional state if any SW issue is caused.

If the issue reoccurs at any point, then 

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

Create a new local admin account and check - http://bit.ly/1JoFhcw

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - leave the system in BIOS environment with the adapter plugged in and check if the system freezes at any point. There is a system clock in BIOS that keeps ticking - if the system freezes at any point, then the system clock would have frozen.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

P.S. I have moved your thread to a new post as it is a different issue to the original post on the old thread.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos