This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 29th, 2014 09:00

Radeon 8870m

Strange story with my Dell 3737 and AMD Radeon 8870m

after new driver installation, sleep or hibernate no more works (black screen or restart)

Any suggestions?

August 27th, 2014 15:00

[quote user="Rong-R"]Here what I do on my dell 5737 windows 8.1

1. Update BIOS to Version A08
  2. Install Dell Intel Diver 10.18.10.3308 and Reboot
  3. Install Latest AMD driver from AMD site and reboot
  4. Open CMD as Admin and type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
  5. Download AMDEnduroFix_DX9 Open and Apply Fix reboot and done.

Everything work fine no Sleep or hibernate problem.

Update on the issue:

Everything worked fine until I let Windows Update install Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 for AMD Radeon HD 8800M Series. No problem at first, and then, a few restarts later, the screen would suddenly not display anything expect the mouse pointer (exactly as described in the original problem this discussion is about).

What I did:

I tried going back to a restore point, but Windows 8.1 failed completing it. The display was correct, but the computer would not automatically go into sleep mode after the time specified in power management settings.

A few days later, after my computer crashed for no apparent reason, I restarted the driver installation process suggested by Rong-R. I am still unsure if I should repeat the Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 update.

Now, here are the remaining issues:

Display is correct, but sleep mode occasionally fails (display turns off, but the computer fan keeps working), though it usually works fine. It seems it still won't go automatically into sleep mode, despite the power management settings.

I also just found another problem which might be related: I tried to cut and paste folders within the internal hard drive, but the pasting dropped suddenly at a rate of about 2Mb/s for several minutes. This would be slow even for an external drive, but again, it was for *moving* folders from one place to another *on the same internal drive*!

Anybody has an idea what might be the solution?

[/quote]

actually this update "WDDM1.3 for AMD Radeon HD 8800M Series" is the previous DELL provided driver version 13.151.0.0 so when you install that update the latest driver from AMD which you installed will be replaced with this DELL driver. So just go to safe and uninstall the Display drivers using DDU and do the same process from step 2 to step 5. All your problems will solved. Never update anything regarding display adapters in future.

8 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 06:00

Thanks for your answers, Sulaco and Vishnukanth.

For the record, when I wrote my last post, I had omitted steps 4 and 5 decribed by Rong-R (since the AMDEnduroFix was still indicated as applied)... So I removed the fix, restarted the computer, reset the power configuration and reapplied the fix.

I knock on wood, but none of the issues I mentioned reoccurred since then. 

Based on the process described by Rong-R, I mistakenly thought I could finally just let Windows Update find the "Latest AMD driver from AMD site", but now I stand corrected: next time I even consider updating the driver (if ever), I will go myself to the AMD site! 

Also for the record, I did try once to use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in Safe Mode, but the process failed. I do not recall specifically what happened, but if I remember well, it just seemed to be stuck at some point doing nothing, several minutes later. Anyway, after following restart, when I reinstalled the appropriate drivers, Windows asked me if I wanted to replace the already installed ones (i.e. the Dell-approved bug-prone drivers) by the "older" ones (actually the latest functional drivers from Intel and AMD). Which I did, of course.

As of now, the drivers installed are:

– Intel HD Graphics 4400 Driver 10.18.10.3308 (W84_A01_Setup-Y3FHH_ZPE)

– AMD Mobility Radeon 8870M 14.4 for Win 8.1, 64 bits (dd-ccc-whql)

17 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 10:00

Hi MUFFIA,

So your issue has been solved.I have the same drivers installed on my 3737 and everything works fine.

Have you tried the newest Intel HD 4400 driver from DELL? Whit this 2 drivers u wrote above i could not install the new Intel (DELL certified) driver.The driver installer start but a little later stops with the following error:manufacturer not defined.Contact with my OEM manufacturer for compatible driver.

Perhaps i should try Rong-R steps again with the new Intel driver.

Anyone has an experience with that?

September 3rd, 2014 11:00

Hi MUFFIA,

So your issue has been solved.I have the same drivers installed on my 3737 and everything works fine.

Have you tried the newest Intel HD 4400 driver from DELL? Whit this 2 drivers u wrote above i could not install the new Intel (DELL certified) driver.The driver installer start but a little later stops with the following error:manufacturer not defined.Contact with my OEM manufacturer for compatible driver.

Perhaps i should try Rong-R steps again with the new Intel driver.

Anyone has an experience with that?

which version of Intel driver are you talking about?

post a link of that driver if possible I'll try to answer you

For the record, when I wrote my last post, I had omitted steps 4 and 5 decribed by Rong-R (since the AMDEnduroFix was still indicated as applied)... So I removed the fix, restarted the computer, reset the power configuration and reapplied the fix.

Based on the process described by Rong-R, I mistakenly thought I could finally just let Windows Update find the "Latest AMD driver from AMD site", but now I stand corrected: next time I even consider updating the driver (if ever), I will go myself to the AMD site! 

Also for the record, I did try once to use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in Safe Mode, but the process failed. I do not recall specifically what happened, but if I remember well, it just seemed to be stuck at some point doing nothing, several minutes later. Anyway, after following restart, when I reinstalled the appropriate drivers, Windows asked me if I wanted to replace the already installed ones (i.e. the Dell-approved bug-prone drivers) by the "older" ones (actually the latest functional drivers from Intel and AMD). Which I did, of course.

you are welcome my friend :D

[quote user="Muffia"]

you are welcome my friend :D

[/quote]

If you are speaking about Version 10.18.10.3316, A02

First Uninstall both AMD and Intel Drivers with DDU and then Install latest Intel Driver and AMD and then apply the fix according to the previous process

17 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 12:00

Yes.That version.

Thanks  vishnukanth1993!

29 Posts

September 19th, 2014 09:00

Have you seen this guys?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/es/es/esdhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=CGR4G&fileId=3398348580&osCode=WB64A&productCode=inspiron-17r-5737&languageCode=ES&categoryId=VI

17 Posts

September 19th, 2014 10:00

@SAIV

I couldn't be more happy. Awesome news you brought here mate! 
Now, if only someone can confirm this will work 100%, will make games run at 100% capability of the 8870m driver, and 10 out of 10 times the pc manages to shutdown/sleep properly, then I will uninstall my current OS, Windows 7, and upgrade again back to Windows 8.

I already lost hope with most of the troubleshooting people suggested on this topic. While I THANK you all people for trying, most of the troubleshooting was too complicated for an amateur pc savvy as  I am.
And about 3 or 4 of them I did what the guide told perfectly, nevertheless the results weren't satisfactory =(.

The amount of work around for this issue is humongous, and this "ready to unzip instalation pack" that Dell just uploaded might be just what I'm looking for. An easy, 100% certain process of fixing an issue which shouldn't even exist by default.

Again, thank you all for the huge contribution to the topic, and let's hope  someone confirms this download solves our issues.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 20th, 2014 04:00

Today I've tested new drivers from DELL

It works fine, not sleep/hibernate issues found, games works good too.

But in Dead Rising 3 for example better to use official AMD 14.4 cause DELL's new drivers it's AMD old 13

33 Posts

October 4th, 2014 10:00

It's a shame this stopped working on amd catalyst 14.9 (new driver)

285 Posts

October 4th, 2014 12:00

Hi,

Uninstall the current drivers. and then download new copy of your graphics drivers both Intel and AMD from direct website in  Intel, and AMD website. 

33 Posts

October 7th, 2014 16:00

Won't work, at least not with 14.9 catalyst.

But it works perfectly fine with 14.4 and amd enduro fix for directx9 + those cmd commands

29 Posts

October 8th, 2014 09:00

14.9 not working for me... Lost hibernate functions even with the fix applied

14.9.1 just released and people say its giving good performance...

but i think we need a fix for 14.9 like when 14.4 and 14.7(Currently using the 14.7)
Anyone knows something about a fix?

sorry for my english

33 Posts

October 8th, 2014 10:00

Good performance? Weird

According to the changelog, it should only solve bugs (lime blue screens after installing 14.9 or after rebooting the system)

No Events found!