Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2011 09:00

Radio Control Options is blocked in Windows Mobility Centre (accidently activated Computrace), help please

Hello community,

I've been googling for this quite a long time but I didn't find an answer. I got a Dell Studio 1747 and when I open the Windows Mobility Centre and start the Radio Control Options it says that it got blocked in the BIOS. The List for activating or deactivating the adapters such as Bluetooth or Wifi is just greyd out. I remember that this worked for me, but since a while it doesn't work anymore. I don't know how to unblock this in BIOS.

The only thing which I accidently changed in BIOS was activating Computrace, and now it just says activated and I can't deactivate it anymore. But the Computrace software itself isn't running on my notebook, theres no such process, because I have been googling for that, too and know what the name of the process is. Maybe this has something to do with it?

I'm happy about evey answer :emotion-2:

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 28th, 2011 11:00

Frozenthunder

I suggest going into the BIOS. Start the system while tapping F2, choose the Wireless tab and change the wireless switch option to "all", then check to see if you have more options in Windows Mobility Center.  Play around with the different wireless settings in the BIOS to see if it makes any difference.

If you are having problems with Computrace, I suggest contacting Absolute Software.  

Absolute Software can be reached here:

• E-mail:  techsupport@absolute.com
  • Telephone:  (888) 999-9857

I hope that this helps.

TB

April 7th, 2011 05:00

It's already set to all and even when I change it I still have that problem.

20 Posts

May 7th, 2016 15:00

I am thinking same like you where is the Deactivate Computrace Beside ı am new Dell 7559 user.

No Events found!